Small Town Rumours (1)

"Props to them. It was just crazy that Cole could've gone to the..." Skylar trailed off as he saw Bex and Erin walk into The Lark before school. 

"Mmm. I don't care. He deserved it." Grace shrugged, unaware of the two behind her. 

Last night Grace had phoned Bex whilst Erin was making them some food so Bex took the opportunity to explain everything to the girl on the phone... who of course had already told Kylie and Skylar... who knows who else. 

"Seriously?" Bex sighed from behind the girl as they joined the group at the counter. 

"Okay, can you blame us? I mean, that bonfire fight between Cole and Alex was the most exciting thing to happen in Silver Falls ever. Like, I'm literally dying." Grace squealed back. 

"First, it's figuratively. Second, I can blame you. You're supposed to be my friends. You shouldn't be adding to the gossip." Bex sighed, crossing her arms.

"I wouldn't worry. This'll all blow over soon, and you'll be able to move on." Erin comforted.

"Like how I'm moving on from the whole Nathan thing." Skylar agreed moving to the table as the rest sat down. 

"Ooh, you are? 'Cause rumour has it you're both not really done done." Grace smirked. 

"What?" Skylar gaped, turning to Grace with a shocked expression. 

"Yeah, I heard that too." Kylie nodded in agreement to Grace's statement. 

"Interesting I'm the last to know about my own relationship status." Skylar scoffed. 

"Oh, come on. I don't get why you and Bex are complaining. It's so cool to have rumours about you." Grace groaned. 

"It's really not." Erin, Bex and Skylar all deadpanned in unison. 

"It's just awful that this is all happening to Alex again. He was so messed up by the Paige drama last summer." Kylie said, frowning slightly. 

"I still don't get it. I mean, how could Cole have stolen Paige from Alex? She isn't property." Bex questioned, her brows furrowing.

"Okay that isn't exactly what happened." Erin retorted, turning from Bex to the other three.  

"I'm gonna let you two take this." Kylie replied to Skylar and Grace who held uneasy faces, before turning to the other two girls sat at the table. "Uh, do you want anything?" She asked. 

"Hot chocolate, please." Erin smiled.

"Same." Bex replied. 

"Okay, look. We didn't know whether to tell you this before." Grace started.

"Yeah, it all seemed like ancient history. It was before you got here." Skylar added.

"Um, okay, so basically Cole was away for the summer, rehabbing his leg in Colorado Springs, and while he was away, Paige had, like, this totally hot glow-up overnight." Grace explained.

"Right? No one even knew who she was before." Skylar agreed. 

"She threw this huge farewell-to-summer party. And the whole school was there. Even Cole, he was on one or something. Anyways, Paige and Alex are attached at the hip until Alex goes to go play pool. And when he comes back, he sees..." Grace trailed off. 

"Mmm, do I wanna know?" Bex cringed.

"Paige was totally all over Cole. They were making out. It was a huge thing." Erin explained. 

"In front of everyone?" Bex questioned. 

"Yeah." The three agreed in unison. 

"I mean, it was just a one-time thing." Grace added.