Decisions

Y/N pov

I stared at my phone screen, re-reading the text over and over again, trying to come up with the perfect response. My heart was pounding in my chest as I read the words once more: "Want to meet up?" I could feel the butterflies in my stomach fluttering around, making me feel both excited and nervous at the same time. After a few moments of hesitation, I decided to respond with a simple "sure:) text me when and where." It wasn't the most creative response, but it would do for now. 

I quickly checked the time - it was only 9:12 am. Had I really spent the last twelve minutes staring at my phone, trying to decide what to say? I groaned inwardly, feeling foolish. Despite my misgivings, I knew I had to get ready for the meet-up. I spent the next twenty minutes trying on different outfits, but nothing seemed to feel just right. I was acutely aware that there was a chance I might run into BIGGY NORRIS, especially since my brother had helpfully informed me that he was staying in the hotel room across from us. Eventually, I settled on a plain white shirt and a pair of jeans - simple, yet stylish. Next came my hair. I spent a good amount of time trying to style it just right, but one stubborn strand refused to cooperate. 

In the end, I gave up and pulled my hair back into a messy ponytail. I walked into the kitchen, where my brother Noah was already sipping his tea.  

"Huh, I see you finally decided to try on your choice of clothing. And hair, not to mention does not look like you just went rolling around on the beach." I laughed to him, taking a mug and a packet of tea out of the complementary items drawer, ignoring the fact that I had just spent so long making myself look somewhat okay. "Yeah, because, dear sister, I have places to be." Noah replied sarcastically, mainly on the 'dear sister' part. 

"A date already Noah?" I asked. 

"What? No! Interview for uni. Duh?" he said, looking at me as if I was crazy. I was so ready to hear all about his romantic misadventures, but to my dismay, it turned out that he was actually referring to an interview for university. I tried to hide my disappointment, but it must have been written all over my face.

"Oh" I managed to say, trying to play it cool. But deep down, I was still hoping for some juicy gossip.

"you?" he asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Nope. And to be honest, you not having a date is kinda relieving."

"What? How?"

"So that some poor girl doesn't need to have the sadness of having to spend more than 2 minutes with you," I added, unable to resist the urge to joke around with my brother. He rolled his eyes, but I could tell he was secretly amused.

"Haha, very funny. And for your information, someone has asked me out in our time here," he said, trying to sound nonchalant.

"NO WAY! WHAT DID YOU SAYY???" I practically screamed, unable to contain my excitement. I was 100% invested in my older brother's love life and personal business after all.

"No," he said, with a hint of regret in his voice.

"What? Why?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Because it would be too hard when I go to school. And because we probably won't stay in touch, since she was here for a holiday," Noah explained, looking slightly disappointed.

"Well, was she pretty?" I asked, hoping to salvage the conversation. He shrugged and went into his room without saying another word. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, but happy as well since I may be able to see a certain dirty blonde..

A/N- Sorry for this kinda boring paragraph! I just wanted a kinda filler one and one for some character development/brother-sister bonding time lol. NEW CHAPTER COMING OUT SOON SINCE I AM FINALLY MAKING TIME TO WRITE<3 Happy new years eve my children🎉🥳