F I F T E E N

As we walked back from the dining hall, I couldn't contain my excitement

As we walked back from the dining hall, I couldn't contain my excitement. "Caleb, seriously, that shot in the last quarter! I mean, you practically swung off the hoop. It was insane! I didn't even know that was allowed, but it looked so cool!"

Caleb chuckled, his grin widening. "Yeah, it's a bit of a signature move. Glad you liked it."

"Liked it? Loved it! The whole game was incredible. The way you moved on the court, the teamwork, and that last-minute strategy—genius. And when you scored that winning goal, oh man, the entire place erupted. I felt like I was part of something big!"

Caleb's blush deepened, and he scratched the back of his head. "Well, it's a team effort, you know? Everyone played their part."

"But you stood out, Caleb. I mean, you're the captain, the star player! Do you always play like that? Because if you do, I've been seriously missing out on basketball."

He laughed, "I try my best. It's just a game, though. Fun, but not a big deal."

"Not a big deal? Caleb, you guys won the first game of the season! That's huge! And your skills... I didn't know basketball could be so... captivating. You make it look like an art form or something."

Caleb's smile softened, and he looked genuinely touched. "Thanks, Bailey. It means a lot coming from you."

"I'm just calling it as I see it. You're like the Michael Jordan of Westwood, only cooler. And that last move—seriously, teach me that. I want to swing off hoops too!"

Caleb chuckled again. "Maybe I'll give you a private lesson sometime. But be warned, it takes a bit of flair."

"I'm all about flair! I mean, look at my cheerleading skills—totally on point, right?" I teased, mimicking the motions of a cheerleader.

Caleb joined in, clapping with exaggerated enthusiasm. "Oh, absolutely! You've got potential."

We both burst into laughter, the easy camaraderie between us growing stronger with every step. Walking under the night sky, talking about basketball, sharing laughter—somehow, it felt like we were creating our own playbook for friendship.

After Caleb and I walked into our dorm room, I continued rambling about the game, my words coming to an abrupt halt as Caleb changed into more comfortable clothes. I couldn't help but stare for a moment, caught off guard by the definition of his back muscles.Caleb, now in more comfortable clothes, settled onto his bed, looking at me with a hint of confusion.

I glanced down for a moment, feeling a sudden warmth in my cheeks. "Everything okay, Bailey?"

I shook my head, my smile turning a bit shy. "Yeah, just need to grab my stuff for a shower." Without waiting for a response, I swiftly gathered my shower caddy and pajamas, mumbling something about being right back.