T W E N T Y S E V E N

As I chat with my friends, my anticipation grows for Bailey's arrival

As I chat with my friends, my anticipation grows for Bailey's arrival. When she finally steps into the common room, my breath catches in my throat at the sight of her. She looks incredible, her outfit accentuating every curve, and I can't help but admire her as she walks over to me.

"Hey, you're right on time," I greet her, trying to play it cool despite the way my heart races at the sight of her.

Bailey returns my smile, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I'm ready for whatever you have planned," she says, her voice tinged with curiosity.

I chuckle, unable to resist the urge to tease her. "I hope you're up for some fun," I reply, a mischievous glint in my eyes.

She raises an eyebrow playfully. "Sounds intriguing. Should I be worried?"

I shake my head, my grin widening. "Nah, just be prepared for a little friendly competition."

As we stroll through the campus, the air is crisp with the early evening breeze, and the scent of freshly cut grass lingers in the air. The sun is beginning to dip below the horizon, casting a warm golden glow over everything it touches. Students bustle past us, some laughing and chatting, others lost in their own thoughts.

Despite the bustling activity around us, it feels like Bailey and I are in our own little world. Our hands are intertwined, our fingers fitting together perfectly as we walk side by side. Every now and then, she steals a glance at me, her eyes sparkling with anticipation and curiosity.

I can't help but steal glances of my own, admiring the way the sunlight catches in her hair, turning it into a halo of gold. Her laughter rings out like music in the air, and I find myself falling even more deeply under her spell with each passing moment.

As we walk, Bailey's curiosity gets the better of her, and she peppers me with questions about our destination.

"So, where are we headed?" she asks, her eyes alight with anticipation.

I flash her a playful grin. "That, my dear Bailey, is a surprise," I reply, squeezing her hand gently. "But I promise it'll be worth the wait."

Bailey rolls her eyes, but there's a playful glint in them. "You're such a tease, Caleb," she says, nudging me with her shoulder.

I laugh, enjoying the banter between us. "What can I say? I like to keep you on your toes," I tease back.

As we continue our leisurely stroll, the sun begins to sink lower in the sky, casting long shadows across the campus. The air is filled with the sounds of birds chirping and leaves rustling in the breeze, creating a serene backdrop to our conversation.

As we reach the outdoor basketball courts, I can't help but feel a sense of excitement bubbling up inside me. This is where I feel most at home, where I can let loose and just be myself. And having Bailey by my side only makes it all the more special.