T W E L V E

The soft glow of the dimmed dorm room lights cast a cozy atmosphere over Kenzie's living space

The soft glow of the dimmed dorm room lights cast a cozy atmosphere over Kenzie's living space. We lounged around, laughter and conversation weaving through the air, creating a haven of comfort after a long day of classes. The camaraderie among us, a tangible warmth, made Kenzie's dorm feel like a second home.

As the night deepened, my stomach chose to announce its emptiness with a low rumble, breaking the flow of conversation. "Okay, guys, I'm officially hungry," I declared with a theatrical groan, earning nods of agreement from Kenzie and Ash.

Ash, ever the problem solver, chimed in, "How about some sushi?"

Kenzie and I exchanged groans that quickly morphed into nods of approval. The decision was made - sushi was on the menu for the night.

The prospect of sneaking out without getting caught added an exhilarating edge to our late-night escapade. With a shared understanding, we dashed to the front gate, careful not to attract any unwanted attention. The anticipation of sushi fueled our stealth as we navigated the campus shadows.

Once the delivery arrived, we faced the crucial decision of where to indulge in our clandestine feast. That's when inspiration struck.It was then that a mischievous glint sparked in my eyes.

"What if we go somewhere a little more... adventurous?" I suggested, a playful smile tugging at my lips.

Ash raised an eyebrow, curiosity evident. "What do you have in mind, Bailey?"

The idea formed in my mind like a clandestine plot. "The roof," I declared with a smirk.

The stairwell door opened to the rooftop, and a rush of cool night air greeted us as we stepped onto the forbidden sanctuary. The moon cast a silvery glow on the surroundings, and the distant hum of the campus below faded into a peaceful serenade.

With our hands full of sushi containers and chopsticks, we faced the next challenge — the climb. The building's exterior was not designed for clandestine feasts on its rooftop, and as we looked up at the seemingly insurmountable ascent, a collective realization set in.

"Uh, guys, how are we going to do this with our hands full?" I voiced the concern, my eyes flickering between the sushi treasures in my hands and the daunting climb ahead.

Ash, always quick on her feet, suggested, "What if we pass the sushi up one by one? That way, we can use both hands to climb."

It seemed like a reasonable plan, and with a collective nod, we handed our precious cargo to the tallest among us, Kenzie. As she took on the role of sushi courier, passing container after container upward, Ash and I faced the challenge of scaling the building with both hands occupied.