Chapter 13

I somehow managed to calm the situation. Although. That was a very akward breakfast. After we had finished eating out of respect as the man let us into his home, i had offered to help with the dishes. Thats what my mother always taught me. Jason joined me in the kitchen, again leaving the others in the living room entertaining themselves with the radio. That radio was the most ancient thing i have ever seen, except for my mother's record player.

"Uhm, Kayla?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like to come over for dinner tonorrow?"

"Uhmm..well i am not so sure that my friends will agree."

"Oh no. Just you." His eyes met mine and he gave me a soft smile. I got a sense of loneliness and sadness from him. I feel so bad to say no.

"Jason, i will see what i can do."

"Okay. Thats great." His face lit up like a child when coming into contact with lots and lots of choclate.

"I am not promising anything though." I looked up at him and gave him a closed smile.

"Of course." His smile was so heart warming.  I feel sorry for him, he lost the love of his life and seems very lonely. Its not easy to live with your siblings.Wait. His brother was not here.

"Hey Jason-"

"Yes?" 

"-You said that Jackson would be here?" Jason's facial expression changed and he became annoyed. 

"His probably outside playing or something." Did he just say playing?

"Playing?" I asked with a sudden interest.

"Why the sudden interest in my brother?" He became defensive in a way and started raising his voice.

Jaime and Laura ran into the kitchen to see whats going on. Jaime grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him, making me drop the dishcloth.

"Thank you Jason for having us for breakfast, but we really must be going now." Jaime's voice was stern and straightforward. His eyes pierced into Jason's. Jason broke eye contact with Jaime and turned his attention to me.

"Kayla, I'm sorry i raised my voice-"

"Jason its-"

"I'm really sorry Kayla. Please forgive me." He took a step forward but Laura blocked him and Jaime pulled me behind him.

"It's fine Jason."

Jaime grabbed my wrist and pulled me out the door. As we walked out of there i heard Laura give Jason an earful. Kyle trailed behind us. Oh shit. Kyle is still hurt. The moment i realized about Kyle i stopped and pulled my hand away from Jaime.

I turned around to see Kyle in Laura's arms walking slowly behind us. Jaime grabbed my arm again. Much tighter. I tried to wiggle my arm out cause it started to hurt. ALOT!

"Jaime! Let go, you are hurting me." He said nothing. His grip on me actually got tighter. He dragged me all the way back to our camp. He took me into the tent and pushed me back. I lost my balance and fell back onto the soft floor covered with pillows.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" His voice was dark and angry. His eyes piercing into mine.

"What do you mean?" I knew exactly what he meant.

"What do i mean? Are you seriously asking me that? His voice soaked with anger and annoyance.

"I was only helping him?"

"Do you know him?"

"No. I just met him."

"Doesn't seem like that to me."

Jaime grabbed my arm again pulling me up, forcing me to look him in the eye. Even though i don't want to. His grip on me tightened making me flinch at the sharp pain i felt in my arm. It's gonna leave a mark. I have never seen Jaime act like this before.