Chapter Fourteen- Battle of Helm's Deep pt1

I got off Legolas's horse and gave it to a horseman, Legolas looked at me angrily.
"Why did you do that", he asked with furrowed eyebrows.
"I needed to get out", i tried to walk away,
"You were nearly killed!", he shouted whilst grabbing my arm.
I jumped slightly at his sudden anger, i had never seen him this angry before.
"I wasn't though, i killed the lot. Just the two had caught up to me, they must have followed us back from the valley", i said trying to defend myself.
"You were stupid. You know these lands crawl with Orcs", Legolas looked furious, "I.. I'm sorry", i tried to let out but i felt my eyes fill up again.
I walked away, up the stone steps towards the hall.
"Alena!, Don't walk away from me", he yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I ran up and he followed me into the hall.
" What made you do this", he questioned, still raising his voice a little.
"Boromir's death, Aragorn's death, You questioning me about sending Eowyn away, Leaving me and walking away as we arrived, since Rohan you've changed.", i panted heavily after my long rant.
Legolas's face dropped and he looked down.
"I left and you didn't care, you were too busy teaching her how to fight, placing your hands on her shoulders, you didn't even realise i was gone", i took a small moment to pause and catch my breath, "That is why i left, i figured if i was gone for half an hour another hour wouldn't matter". I said finally finished.
I sat down, tired after my rant, he did the same.
"What are you implying", he asked, his voice sounding softer. "I don't think you love me anymore", i said, looking down at the ground.
Legolas placed his hand on my thigh, "Of course i do, Alena. There is no one else", he said whilst lifting my chin up with his fingers. "Eowyn is just a friend, you know that right?", he asked slightly laughing.
"I wanted to think that but everything lately has made me think otherwise", i replied.
"Meleth nîn, do you remember what i told you in Rohan?", he asked, picking up my hand and placing it on his chest.
I felt his heart beating fast and strong, i smiled.
"It beats for you, Alena. You are the only eleth for me", he said honestly. I smiled a little seeing his efforts.

"I am sorry for how i hurt you, i was angry and sad, a mixture of emotions after Aragorn's fall earlier", he paused, "I shouldn't have turned that to you", he said, his eyes filled with sorrow.
"I forgive you, Legolas", i said whilst moving my hand to his shoulder.
He looked up at me, "Elves don't cheat, Alena. We love once. It is unlike for our kind to do that", he said honestly. I leaned in placing my hand round the back of his head and planted a long, passionate kiss onto his lips. He moved his hand to my waist, the other to the side of my face. I lay in his arms, he cradled me slowly and stroked my hair gently.

I suddenly got up remembering what i had seen on the borders of Isengard. "Legolas", i whispered away from the others, pulling his hands to an area where no one could hear us. "When i was out there, i saw something. Something nobody will have seen coming", i said quietly with a worried expression. "What did you see, Alena?", he asked with furrowed brows. "Saruman has created an army of tens of throusands of not just Orc's, He has legions of Uruk- Hai, these are bred for one sole purpose- War.", i said worriedly. "We have fought the Uruk's before, we can handle them", Legolas said confidently. "No, you don't understand. They have the strength of a grown man, the height of an Elf, they are mutated beings that are programmed to kill, their senses crave the taste of blood and man flesh", i persisted to put these armies into perspective for him.
"Good job we aren't men then", Legolas joked. "No Legolas, this is serious", i shoved his arm.
He crossed his arms and raised his brows at me like a parent to a child, "They march to the East, they are coming for Helm's Deep", i warned carefully. He uncrossed his arms and made a serious face at last.

"These armies you speak of, are there really that many of them?", he questioned looking at the wounded villagers and simple grocers, hardly an army to take on the Uruk- Hai.
"Yes, i saw them facing Saruman and Grima. Grima has betrayed us all, he is a servant of Saruman and has shared our secrets with him- he knows everything.", i said worriedly pacing in front of him.
"We already knew Grima couldn't be trusted, but i am worried about the fact that now Saruman know's where we are headed, at least we are safe in here for now", Legolas tried to comfort me.
"We most definitely are not, they spoke of a weapon. They intend on using a lethal force to break our barriers and force their way in, i am not sure what but i saw a cave with giant flames and smoke coming from it", i said worriedly.