Chapter Fourty Three- Coronation Day

"That was hard work", i nudged Legolas's arm teasingly as we walked down the hall along side one another. We headed back to our bedroom chamber to retire for the day and relax our final hours alone.
We entered and locked the door, "I'm going to change into night wear, care to join my after?", Legolas asking as he turned around to face the dress and took off his tunic. He took everything off leaving him in just his sleep trousers, his muscular back on display for my eyes. My lips parted slightly before i shook my head, "Of course", i said quickly before changing into a night gown and undoing my hair letting it loose after a long day.
Legolas left to go 'fix his hair' leaving me alone in the bedroom. I paused for a while before looking down at my stomach, i was still not yet with child. My mood dropped thinking about how Arwen had already got two children of her own and one expecting, yet i had none but a miscarried baby. I longed to be a mother and give Legolas his one desire he had always dreamt about but most importantly to produce an heir for the royal bloodline. I climbed into bed an rested my head against the cushioned headboard as Legolas walked back in holding a towel wiping his lips. "Your looking beautiful", Legolas said sounding slightly surprised although joking. "Thank you", i replied softly reaching for his arm, brushing down it to to his wrist as he stood in front of me, towering down looking down at me on the bed. I pulled his wrist slightly to make his sit on the bed before moving my hand to the side of his face and round his neck, pulling him over me, brushing my lips across his jaw. He held my waist as he leant down and kissed me passionately. I bit his lip before letting go and moving my lips to his neck, pulling him closer with my hand round the back of his head. "Alena-", he moaned softly, his voice sending a shock down my skin. I moved my hips upwards to touch his waist, hoping he would get the signal. We never made love anymore, not that often anyway and i longed for him, i needed to feel his skin close to mine. "Legolas", i whispered in his ear, "I give myself to you, please give it to me now", i whispered seductively in his ear. His head turned in surprise before he kissed my lips lovingly before stopping and getting into bed next to me.
I sat up slightly and leaned over placing my hand on his chest, kissing it whilst keeping eye contact with him. He smiled before moving my hair out of my face behind my ear, "Mel nîn, not tonight. You need your sleep for tomorrow", he said before kissing my hand softly. I sighed and turned over on my other side away from him, feeling slightly defeated by my attempt. A husband should be able to satisfy his wife, not turn her away. "Goodnight, meleth", he said before leaning over and kissing my shoulder blade.

The next morning i woke up with Legolas' head on my shoulder, fast asleep. I smiled whilst stretching my arms and leant down to kiss his head. He looked so peaceful, i did not want to wake him knowing how tired he's been and how hard he's worked. I know he never slept so i wanted to let him rest.

I got up and walked to the bathroom and slowly undressed and stepped under the shower head, letting the cold water fall on my bare skin and refresh my face. "Without me?", Legolas said leaning against the door in just his sleeping trousers. I turned around quickly to see him with a wide grin on his face and quickly covered my body with my hands and turned around. I looked over my shoulder to see him slowly walking to the sink and washing his face. I turned off the water and stepped out and wrapped myself in a silk dressing gown before walking to Legolas and kissing his shoulder blade and going to the dressing quarters where four ladies in waiting were waiting for me. They all curtsied low, "My lady", they all said in sync. I smiled before bowing my head and laying down on the lounging sofa. I propped my legs up and lay on my side, pouring a glass of dorwinion wine and picking up a handful of grapes. Legolas had told me i needed to start allowing the servants to treat me like the new royal title i was so i was complying. I always felt bad for ah ong then do everything for me but i might as well considering i was to be Queen in a matter of hours.
I placed a grape into my mouth and two of the ladies came over holding my gown in their hands, "My lady, your dress", one of them said quietly. "Ah, thank you", i replied greatfully, getting up and placing my glass down on the table beside me. I got up and slowly took off my robe and put on a set of pale white, laced undergarments before the ladies placed the gown over my head and arms. They then sat me back down and combed through my hair, carefully styling it before moving onto my face.
My dress was beautiful, given to me by the king as it was lethe late Queen's coronation dress as well- Legolas's Mother.