Interlude I

(Trigger Warning: mentions of abuse/rape and suicide/attempted suicide)

*Newt*

My back was to the door when it was kicked in. 

"Stiles." 

 That sounds like that Scott McCall. 

Just as I thought that I was yanked backwards by my shoulders. 

"YOU!"

He keeps pulling me further from Thomas until he deems us far enough away. Quickly spinning me around to face him. His eyes flash red in anger. His claws pierced my flesh sinking deeper as his grip tightened with each breath. With each word. 

"Why would you convince him to walk into this trap? Why would you think you could protect him from these guys? How could you and the freaks you came with possibly know Stiles better?" He immediately accuses. 

Yanking me around with him, not letting me answer any questions or speak. I would try to respond at least, his claws are in pretty deep and it's painful. I can almost feel the bones grinding together. Maybe a broken one too. 

One more yank followed by the sound of a gun. 

One bullet. 

Tommy.

I'm thrown aside like I'm worth nothing. 

My head pounds. 

The room spins. 

A woman holds a small boy to her chest. Signing lightly to him. The boy was crying, a bruise across his cheek.

In the next room over you could hear the arguing. 

"He's a child! They ask questions because they're curious! Not because they're trying to talk back!"

"The little shit should know better! He's old enough to understand!" 

"He's just excited, Louis! All four-year-olds are on their birthdays!"

"Newt, look at me Buddy." the woman spoke. 

 Waiting patiently for the little boy to lift teary eyes to meet hers. 

"You don't listen to them, you hear me. You continue to be yourself. Be curious. Want to learn. Stay kind-hearted." 

The boy nodded at the woman curling into her. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Middle School ~12 years old

Hiding from Father is the hardest thing to do now that Clara has gone away. Mother says she's in a better place, but I know what happened. 

Father got a hold of her. 

~Flashback~

~3 years ago~

I woke up in fright from a bad feeling. 

Clara has always said to follow my instincts. So I did and ran to her room trying really hard not to wake Father. 

Carefully I open up the door praying the hinges don't creak. 

Once inside I let my eyes adjust to the darkness looking for my big sister. She's in the corner. Breathing heavy. 

"Clara?" 

"Newt." She spoke coughing afterwards. 

She's surprised I'm in here.