part 27 ~ the nursery! 🤍

lexi's pov | July 30th 2023

••••
It's been 2 days since we found out the gender of mine and andrew's first child. Everything seems so surreal at the thought of us having another girl in the house.
I'm really not complaining though.

Yesterday , we ordered her a crib , a stroller and some other essentials : such as pacifiers and a bag to fit diapers and other things inside .  Today , we're finally going to decorate her room.

••••
"babe , you awake?" andrew whispers in my ear as he's cuddling me but I leave him with no response.

A few minutes later , I feel the sensation of andrew's hands leave my body as he slowly gets up from the bed and puts the blanket back over me .

I slowly open my eyes , looking around the room and acknowledging that it's still dark outside . I fell back asleep shortly after.

••••
It was 11am when i woke up from my deep sleep .  I walked into our bathroom , got a quick shower and put on a little bit of makeup .  I wore some white sweatpants and one of andrew's sweatshirts as barely any of my clothes fit me anymore and I wasn't planning on leaving the house today .

I went downstairs and to my surprise , danny and zach were sat on the sofa with andrew and valentine.
" Oh , hey babe." andrew says as he comes over to the stairs where I'm stood .  " I thought Danny and zach could help us set up the nursery ." he tells me as he picks me up and kisses my cheek.

" Its fine , it'll help us a lot considering it would've only been you building everything ." I tell him as we walk into our kitchen .  " You three can go build the crib and her wardrobe whilst i take my vitamins and get all of her clothes together." I say as Andrew places me back on
the ground.

"alright , we'll go set those up now .  Just come into her room once you've finished ." andrew responds and kisses my head and bump before going upstairs with Danny and zach.

••••
Once I had taken my vitamins ,  I grabbed the massive box that andrew and I filled with the baby's clothes and sat besides valentine on the sofa .  I took the lid off of the box and looked down at the huge stack of baby clothes in front of me .  " I'm going to be here forever."  I complain to myself and begin to unravel all her clothes.

After what felt like forever , I had finally finished organising our baby's clothes into the different sizes. I placed the 9-12 month clothes at the bottom of the box and the newborn baby ones at the top . That took a lot longer than I expected .

" Babe Danny and zach are leaving now . Do you wanna come help me decorate ? " I hear andrew's voice from the middle of the staircase with them behind him.

" Yeah , i cant wait !! " I respond . " Thank you guys for helping out . "  I tell Danny and zach whilst hugging them both and letting them out the door.

••••
It's been a few hours since zach and danny left our house. Andrew and I have been decorating the walls , hanging up the clothes in her wardrobe and filling up her drawers ever since  .  We've finally finished and I'm honestly in love with her room.