37.Hill

𖤣𖥧𖥣𖡡𖥧𖤣
Sunday

Taking the time to sleep on his thoughts, Felix decided he'd take today off. He had the shelter to deal with, but he figured he'd just tell them he was sick or something of the sort. All he knew thus far was that it was a day for him to rest and think. Though he felt guilty for leaving Hyunjin to do the work, it was the least he could do after yesterday.

Waking up late in the morning, the very first thing that he thought of were the events of yesterday. He hated waking up in a bad mood, but if the first thing he thought of daily was Hyunjin, this was just part of it. How he hated it. If he had the power to, he'd fix everything in an instant, as if it never happened. They had yet to get into a real argument with each other, aside from before they were even together, so this feeling just ate him up to the core. He made a mental note to try and never let this happen again.

"Bokkie? Are you alright? It's 11am, sweetheart." He suddenly heard from behind his door, directing his attention to it. Not having the energy to say much, he hummed loud enough for her to hear before he watched her enter the room.

"Good morning, Bokkie." She gently smiled. Having felt the pain Felix is feeling before, she knew to not be too harsh on Felix today. He was already stressed enough.

"Morning." He groggily replied, rubbing his eyes and stretching out his limbs with a groan, to which his mother smiled.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, brushing back hair that landed in front of his face, admiring her grown boy. It seemed to her that only yesterday he was nervous about entering sixth grade, and now he was graduating in a month. It seemed that only yesterday he was complaining about how different Korea and Australia were, and now he wanted to spend the rest of his life in Seoul.

It seemed that only yesterday he was crying in her arms about how different he felt for like boys, and now he was in the healthiest and most beautiful relationship with a boy he loved.

"Like crap." He bluntly stated, making her chuckle softly.

"I can make you some waffles and then, hm... we could get coffee?" She suggested and Felix nodded instantly. Getting today with Felix, she felt gratuitous that she'd be able to spend time with him after so long of their busy schedules getting in the way.

"Where's Dad?"

The question made her breathing hitch for a moment, it being a little sensitive in this situation. But she simply smiled softly, not wanting to put a heavier weight on her son today.

"He's left for a business meeting trip." She made up, trying to seem unfazed.

"I didn't know there was another one." Felix spoke, his eyes squinted out of tiredness and confusion.

"You know him, never wants to tell us anything." She tried to joke with a chuckle, doing everything in her power to keep in her pained emotions.

"Be downstairs in fifteen, okay?" She said and proceeded to leave the room.

Felix knew something was up, even if his father was notorious for his abrupt business trips, there was a sense of falsity in his mother's voice when she spoke. They must have fought again and he stormed out again. He wouldn't poke at it if his mother seemed reluctant, but he would find a way to figure out what was aching his mom. He cared too much for her to let it slip past him.