Chapter 7: Pursued

"Hey! Hey! Elvira!" came a familiar voice.

I turned to see Naruto running out from Ichiraku Ramen.

"Yes?" I cocked my head at him, which made him blush.

"W-well, it's just that I found this really cool place to train, it's really enclosed so you can train there, if you want... with me?" he twiddled his thumbs like a little old lady.

I smiled, "Sure, do you want to bring Sakura and Sasuke as well?" I added.

"Uh, well, I was hoping it could be just the two of... nevermind, I'll go get them," he sighed sadly and went to fetch the other two.

I leaned against the fence while I waited for them. I studied the street for the first time. It was filled with many different kinds of stores in all shapes and sizes. Restaurants, tea shops, sweet shops, clothing stores, you name it. I even saw a gambling bar. I tapped my feet mindlessly, my thoughts wandering as they pleased with occasional aches.

"Hey! Look at this cutie over here!" came a slurred voice.

I turned my head in the direction of the racket. Two men had just stumbled out from the gambling bar and they were heading up the street.

"Oh! Good eyes, Shiruko! This one's a beauty!" agreed the other man.

With beer bottles in their hands, they slowly but steadily made their way towards me. I could smell them from three meters away, they stank of stale alcohol and tobacco. I frowned at the nasty smell that filled my nostrils.

"Hey there, little lady! Wanna come have a good, long drink with us? We'll promise to show you a good time," one man exclaimed as they came to a stop in front of me.

"No thank you, I don't drink," I answered flatly.

"Aw, I'm heartbroken! This pretty little lady here, doesn't like us!" sobbed the other man in weak sarcasm.

He lifted his hand, attempting to touch my face but I slapped it away, "Please refrain from embarrassing yourselves in public. I'm sure you both are gentlemen when you aren't drunk."

"A feisty one too, eh?" said the man named Shiruko.

"Come on, babe, one drink won't do you any harm!" the other man reached out and wrapped his arm around my waist.

I didn't want to unintentionally hurt them so I tried to pull his arm away with a reasonable amount of strength but as soon as both men realized that I was attempting to struggle, they grabbed both of my arms and pinned me against the wall. I hadn't equipped my ninja tools or my sword so I was weaponless. I lashed out with one of my feet to kick them away but my foot did not collide with anything, something, or someone had beaten me to it.

"Don't touch her!" came an anguished cry.

Suddenly two objects collided heavily with the two drunken men, sending them into a nearby stall and spilling their beer. I was surprised to see that the two objects that had stopped in front of me were Sasuke and Naruto, both poised for action.

"Hey! Watch it, you little brats! This is none of your business!" growled one of the men that had picked themselves back up.

"Back off, jerk faces!" snarled Naruto.

I turned to see Sakura a little ways down the street, her hands over her mouth, watching the events with anxiety.

"Defending your little girlfriend, Blondie?" cooed the other man who had just gotten up.

"It's okay guys, I can take care of myself," I said quietly, pulling on my gloves.

"Ha! Little Girlie says she can take us by herself!" laughed Shiruko.