Chapter 80: Back To Work

I had been drugged so that I wouldn't feel the pain of getting my wound dealt with and I couldn't even count how many times I had to wake up from an artificial or unwilling sleep that day, one of them almost eternal. Sunshine welcomed me brilliantly through the window. I felt something enveloping my hand and saw something that made my heart sing. Sasuke had his head laying on the edge of my bed, his hand wrapped around mine. Liz was nodding off as she leaned against the wall beside the window. She seemed to take notice of my alertness.

"Vira..." she smiled and bit her lip as she came over and hugged me tightly, "I... I don't know what to say to describe how happy I am right now," she sniffed but no tears existed, they had long ago dried.

"I'm sorry I worried you," I apologized.

"That's an understatement," Liz smirked, her usual humour returning.

"How long have I been in here?" I asked.

Liz nodded her chin at Sasuke, "Two nights, two days. It's your third day today, he's been here all this time... as he should be," she chided.

I brushed away a stray strand of hair from his face with my other hand and he stirred. I hadn't meant to wake wake him up, in my opinion, he looked cute asleep. He blinked his eyes open and the first thing he saw was my smiling face. I guess having a brush with death made me look at everything a different way. I felt that I was much more appreciative of everything around me.

He jolted up right away, "You're awake!" he exclaimed.

I nodded, still smiling. He dropped his head, groaning and held my hand in both of his.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm such a jerk," he grumbled.

"Wow... I'm shocked, happy, angry and laughing my head off at the same time," Liz blinked but showed none of those emotions, "I've just witnessed my second miracle. I'm a lucky person," she chuckled.

"I'm okay now. You shouldn't still be feeling bad," I patted his head.

He tried to say something more but Liz coughed fitfully, interrupting him, "I think that you should go fetch Tsunade-sama," she jerked her head in the direction of the door.

Sasuke frowned but left obediently.

Once he was out of hearing range, Liz relaxed, "Tell me what happened. I know that wasn't just some miracle. Lady Tsunade confirmed your 'death' herself," Liz demanded immediately.

I sighed and told her of how I had seen Allen and all about the life force that he had given me. When I was done, she was silent. I looked at her, unsure of what to do.

"He told me... before all that happened. He told me that his mother had explained a jutsu like that to him, I figured he might be saving it for you but I never thought he had the chance," she frowned, "When you actually die, you'll go through the death twice... since you have two souls in you now," she reminded.

"I know," I said, looking down, "But I wasn't about to let Allen's life go to waste and I didn't want to die yet..." I admitted.

"I know," she said, understanding.

Just then, Tsunade swept in, her eyes wide as she saw me, "Oh my god, I thought that maybe you were in a coma," she sighed and slumped against the bed.

"Thank you for saving my life, Tsunade-sama," I dipped my head.

"Don't thank me. Thank your guardian angel that decided to give you a second chance at life," Tsunade eyed me and I knew that she must've discovered how I had returned to life.