I Hear it Too

Plagg's POV

She's real.

I stare at Tikki in disbelief. She bends down closer to me, squeezing my hands, then sits beside me at the floor.

What do I say? What can I say? I probably just made a fool of myself screaming at nobody.

"I'm not a nobody to you," It reminds.

But I push "It" aside and shuffle closer to her, barely hinting the smell of strawberry and vanilla.

Just another small detail of Tikki I forgot about in these past few months. The way her hair falls, how she has to perfectly tie her boots, the pink aura she gives on when she's frustrated or excited. I almost feel mad at myself for forgetting these minor details .

"Plagg," she smiles, pulling me from my thoughts.

And without another word, I lean towards her, and engulf her in a hug. Wrapping my arms around her tight, just as if she might disappear if I let go.

"I love you," she whispers into my ear.

Something I haven't heard in a while.

"I doubt it," It responds to Tikki.

I shake my head in response to the voice and look back towards her with a grin.

"Where did that come from?" I ask.

"That was the last thing you told me before you left. I never got the chance to say it back."

An even goofier grin forms on my face and I pull her chin closer to me.

"You remembered?" I mumble.

"Mhm," she hums before I pull her into a kiss. It's not rough at all. Just feelings of longing and relief.

"You're better than this Plagg! You're growing soft again...getting weak!" It screams, for the first time.

My heart starts racing again and I quickly pull away, groaning and clutching my head in pain.

"Plagg!" Tikki exclaims.

I sigh, as once again, "it" gets in the way between me and Tikki.

"I-I," Tikki stutters, tears forming at her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sitting up in worry.

"Plagg I heard it," Tikki looks up at me with wide eyes.

"You mean you hear it too?!" I exclaim, my mouth open in shock.

Tikki nods, unable to form words. I sit back down in the floor, my knees pressed against my chest.

That's good right? Tikki can hear it! And if Tikki is able to hear it, one thing's for sure, I'm not completely schizophrenic.

The downside to that? Tikki can hear it. That voice is nothing but trouble and I don't need her listening to the psychotic things it tells me.

Now I'm starting to recall the reason I left in the first place. To keep her safe from me. I'm only sure about one thing right now, it's getting worse.

"Tikki the reason I left was to protect you from it," I explain.

"What is it?" She cautiously asks.

"It's my power of destruction," I sigh. "It started thousands of years ago when I was first sealed. It was only a whisper then."

"So it's gotten worse?"

"Only when I'm sealed. I don't hear it as much in the mortal world because I have a holder that controls my power."