CH 41

Charlie

"How are you feeling?" I walked into our family room, where my husband was on the floor with Henry.

Henry's head was in his lap, and Xavier was rubbing his fur. "Better." He held out his hand to me. "Come here. I want to hold you."

I smiled, before sitting down next to them.

Henry whimpered, wanting me to pet him. I rubbed him behind his ears. Then, he moved off Xaviers lap, and laid to the side of him.

"He's so well trained." I joked, climbing in his lap.

"Yeah, he knows his place." Xavier kissed me, wrapping his arms around me. "I miss you. I want to be inside you." He said softly in my ear.

I told him we couldn't have sex until he was better, even though I wanted it just as much. "I'm feeling better. A lot better." He nuzzled my nose, kissing my lips lightly. "Do you want too?"

I did but- "Let's go take Henry out first." It was nearly nine in the evening but we'd like for him to go out before bed. He always slept better through the night after having a night stroll.

"Okay," he smiled, cupping my face. "I'm glad everything is finally normal. I was thinking we can tell everyone to come back now. I know you probably miss your sister and Chloe."

I did but I was glad Bailey hadn't been here for any of the things that had happen. It would have just scared her and freaked her out. "I do. I know you miss your father."

He smiled softly, "Yeah...but he's going to kill me when he sees my face."

Most of Xaviers wounds had healed, but there was still slight bruising. Kyle said to just give it time for it to clear up.

"You're still handsome." I cupped his face and he looked....relieved. "Xavier, you didn't think I was bothered by the bruising, did you?"

He squeezed my waist. "No, of course not. I know that's not the reason you won't have sex with me."

I rolled my eyes and he chuckled. I hit his chest, and he caught my hand. "You weren't in any condition to have sex when you could barely stand."

"I was actually just going to lay there and have you do all the work." He said with a straight face.

"You should be happy you're handsome and have money." I teased.

He smiled, "I'm teasing, baby."

"I know." I cuddled against him.

He hugged me.

"I want to go back to our cabin. Just us and Henry."

"Okay." I felt his lips against my forehead. "I'd love that."

Half an hour later, we were walking Henry down the street in our neighborhood. It was a really beautiful night. The air was cool. There weren't many people out. And, I was with my husband, Xavier. I couldn't have been happier.

"Have you ever thought about doing a different career?" Xavier asked me.

His arm was around me, as we walked. "Like, if we both had normal jobs?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Yeah," he stopped walking. "This whole thing really scared me. I don't want to lose you and-" Xavier stopped talking and his grip around me tightened.

Henry started barking like crazy, as he ran back to us. Something was happening. Henry just didn't bark just to be barking. It was always because he sensed danger.

"Xavier-"

"Stay close!" He said softly.

Before I could say anything else, Gino came out of nowhere. I don't know how he was able to keep sneaking up on us like that.