34

mandi walks into dereks loft to see cora and derek staring at the window where you could see the alpha packs sign.
"it means theyre coming. tonight." she hears derek says.
"why do i always pick the absolute worst times to come here?" mandi asks making herself known. "go home mandi." "yea no i will not be doing that." "mandi." "derek." "go home." "no. cora tell your brother to shut the fuck up."
"derek shut up, deep down you want her here." "cora stay out of this." "no no cora continue please." "cora dont say another word." "derek let cora speak its a free country."
"oh my God i feel the child of divorced parents." cora mumbles before walking away.
mandi walks over to derek. "do you have a plan?" she asks while staring at the window. after she found out derek had got with jennifer and they were dating she had been pissed and swore that she would not be going anywhere near him of course that failed because here she was. derek glances over at the girl, they were standing remarkably close like mere centimeters seperating them it was times like these he would doubt jennifers and his relationship but as soon as he stopped focussing on mandi all the doubt was gone. "i wouldnt tell you if i did because then youd insist on staying."
mandi smirks and looks over at derek their eyes locking, "well i guess you dont know me enough to know that ill be staying either way."
dereks gaze falls to her lips before she turns and walks to the couch plopping down on it. and just like that his doubt had disappeared.

----

issac and boyd walk into the loft making mandi sit up some from where she was laying to glance at them befire glancing at derek who sat on the stairs.
"go back to school." "well, actually, we cant. boyd and i are incredibly and unbelievably sick." "with what brain damage." "well i have a migraine and uh boyd here has explosive diarrhea."
"couldnt you have come up with some thing less disgusting?" mandi asks sitting up fully.
"we're here to protect you." boyd tells derek. "your here to protect me? well im in trouble the then." derek says coming down from the stairs and standing next to his betas.
"well actually boyd here came up with a plan." issac says making mandi stand up and walk to the group, "oh? do tell." she urges boyd.
"i thought about the time gerard had me and erica locked up. tied up with electrical wires pushing current through us. i wondered how we could do something like that but on a bigger scale." boyd lifts up a coil of wiring from the bag he brought he then looks at mandi, "and we need her help."
derek groans, "no why would you say that she definitely wont leave now." "derek i already told you i wasnt leaving."

"in a pool of electrified water it can take up to 50 million amps to kill a normal human," boyd starts as he turns on the water hose letting the ground slowly be coverd, "less than the power it takes to turn on a light bulb." "that comforting." derek comments sarcastically making mandi glare at him hoping ti get him to stop interrupting. "if we disable the circut interrupter in the building electrical room the current'll keep coming, and mandis can keep adding even more, but basically anyone who steps foot in her will get a pretty shocking surprise."
"especially someone whos barefoot." issac adds pushing off of the wall and standing next to derek.

after the floor is floded high enough boyd throw the electrical wire in and looks at mandi. she sighs and sticks her hand in the water feeling her power surge with the added electricity.
"is this going to kill them?" "i hope so." boyd ansers issac.
mandi looks down at the veins in her arm that was in the water. she saw the vivid purple runing through them. "if it doesnt then we should be a whole lot more scared of them then we are." she mumbles as she adds some more electricity to the water before pulling her hand out.

the group sat and waited for the alphas to come. "isnt the light on that supposed to be one." "yea." "and if it isnt?" "someone cut the auxiliary power."
"but what about the main-" before boyd finishes his sentance the lights go out. derek steps off the platform and into the water walking slowly to the middle of the room.
"derek what do we do now?" issac asks
"i can try to electrify the water again itll take alot out of me but it might work i-" "no you wont get enough volts by yourself." boyd interrupts mandi.
"we fight." derek says answering issacs question while his eyes glow red. mandi groan but moves away from where she was standing on a platform relatively out of site and closer to derek in the middle of the room boyd and issac doing the same.
kali opens the loft door and walks in.
"im gonna be honest derek, when ennis died i thought to myself id just go for it, find you and kill you wherever you stood. then i remember how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them and i thought, 'whats a girl got to do to get you alone?' " she then looks toward the door as the twins come into view holding jennifer with their claws on her neck ready to kill.
"you and me derek or they tear her apart. what do you say? think you can beat me one on one" he motions with his head for his betas and mandi to not get involded. mandi shakes her head but follows issac and boyd when they move back to the side of the loft.
mandi picks at the sleeve of her jacket as her eyes travel the room she didnt like this the last time kali and derek went up against each other it ended with derek being inpaled by a metal pole.
"im going to rip your throat out with my teeth." dereks says and mandis mind goes back to when he threatened her with that. mandi shales her head and brings herself back to the present. she glances at boyd who was texting cora.
mandi winces kali had scrathed him several times now and derek hadnt done anything to her. mandis hand twitches at her side. ussacs eyes widen as he sees the veins in her hand purple and electricity dancing on her fingers, "mandi, they'll rip her apart. stop." he whispers, "i know im trying to control it. its no- it wont go away."
mandi tries to ground herself, make her lightning go away but nothings working. she tries to anchor herself but, considering that one of her anchors was the one getting beat up it and the other was God knows where helping scott find deaton, it was incredibly hard to do so.
"derek!" jennifer yells. issac rushes forward but stops when derek yells, "NO!"
issac looks at his phone and rushes to jennifer the twins moving forwards as the power come on and electrifies the water, taking down everyone who stood in it. once the power goes off the twins and kali force dereks nails into boyd.
"no!" mandi exclaims going to move forward but issac grabs her arm stopping her.
"im giving you till the next full moon derek. make the snart choice, join the pack or next time im killing all of you." kali says as her and the twins leave.
mandi watches as derek and boyd exchange a few words before boyd falls over mandi can feel the electricity in him stop, she her hand to her face letting out a sob as stiles and cora come in. cora running to boyds body. stiles moves to derek placing his hand on dereks shoulder hoping to bring comfort. stiles looks over at mandi silently telling her to comfort derek who was feeling an imense ammount of guilt and grief. mandi stands and walks to derek kneeling infront of him before pulling him into a hug.
derek wraps his arms around mandi and rests his head on her shoulder. "i killed him i-" "it wasnt your fault derek and he didnt blame you." mandi mumbles to him as she feels his arms tighten and a tear fall from his eyes and land on her shoulder.
Jennifer watches from afar a frown set on her face. to everyome else itd look like she was upset about the death that she just watched but her mind was on something else entirely, derek and mandi were close. too close. and that caused a problem for her plan.

a/n
as i stated last chapter im going with the theiry that jennifer used magic on derek to make him inlove w her. also i have mixed feelings about this chapter.

3/3/2023 - guys i promise this isnt a forgotten book i just am having writers block for the next episode but im trying lmao