chapter 14

Back to Tamaki and Nejire

*After taking care of the villains, we see Tamaki and Nejire sitting down while Nejire patched him up.*

Nejire: So sorry, I distracted you.

Tamaki: it's umm... It's f... Fine, I was just surprised to see you here.

Nejire: Well, you did say you would be there for me.

Tamaki: Yeah, on the phone! How was I supposed to know you would come here?

Nejire: Well, I wanted to surprise you.

Nejire smiled shily at him, making him chuckle awkwardly while scratching his cheek.

Tamaki: Well, I'm definitely surprised, so did you come all this way just to visit me?

Nejire: Well, that was a factor, but I just needed a break from Japan.

Tamaki nodded in understanding; he knew just how toxic Japan could be.

Tamaki: So, where are you staying?

Nejire:ummm....with you?

Tamaki blushed as Nejire moved her hand.
*In a nervous fashion*

Nejire: No, wait, not like that! It's just this was kinda a spur of the moment kind of thing so i don't really have a hotel or something but if you don't want to that's totally fine!!

Tamaki: No, no, no, it's fine. I have a spare room at home you can use.

*Both adults looked the other way, with a small blush on their faces. With a cough, Tamaki got up.*

Tamaki: Well, I don't have to go home for a few hours. I want to walk for a bit. Maybe get a bite to eat.

Nejire:su...sure...

Nejire got up, and they started walking. They couldn't tell you who made the first move, but slowly both hands were connected, and neither really wanted to let go.

Scene change

*We see them in a restaurant on one of the outside tables. Tamaki was enjoying the view of the city he now calls home while Nejire was trying to figure out just what the heck she ordered.*

Nejire: So what is this?

Tamaki:Souvlaki,

Tamaki said as he took a bite of his food.

Tamaki: it's chunks of skewered pork, served on chopped tomatoes and onions in pitta bread with lashings of tzatziki.

Nejire: And Tzatziki is...

Tamaki: A simple yogurt cucumber dip tastes delicious; give it a try.

Nejire gave it a try and smiled. They ate in a comfortable silence until Tamaki looked at Nejire with a bit more of a serious expression.

Tamaki: Want to talk about what you told me on the phone?

Nejire stopped eating and had a more somber expression; she kept eating in a much slower fashion.

Nejire: It's just... Mirió and me... were over.

*Tamaki stopped at this and looked at her surprised. His feelings for her aside, Tamaki knew how much they loved each other; it's one of the reasons he left Japan, so to not ruin their love, Nejire looked at him with a smile that didn't reach her eyes as he shook his head a little and kept walking.*

Tamaki: How are we talking?

Nejire: I'm planning to get my lawyer to send him divorce papers when I get back. That kind of over; I'm done with him in everything, but legally, the only thing keeping us together is a piece of paper.