Jealousy is Subjective

Noah had to calm himself for awhile after that encounter. After witnessing Alejandro make out with Courtney in the corridor, even though they had specifically agreed that Alejandro was just playing along with the plan the two had made, he couldn't help but feel jealous. That snakey bitch of an a-grade student had something against him when it came to competition. Noah didn't know why Courtney didn't like him that much, whether it was fueled by genuine rivarly in the competition or whether it was something deeper. Either way, he made a lot of people hate him.

Making his way to the library, he began to think to himself. Why was he feeling so jealous? Alejandro had specifically warned him that anything between him and Courtney was completely faked, at least on his side. They had kissed with such passion. Right in front of the bookworm. It was so convincing, and this was what made Noah question his own kind-of boyfriend as he walked towards him.

"Mi amór, there you are!" Alejandro whispered. They had both found themselves in the same secluded area as a few times before, this place seeming to be a spot for them to talk, accompanying te lockers. However, those lockers were way too exposed to the public.

"I'm so sorry, I really am." Alejandro mumbled, pacing around the room. "It went way too far. She kissed me, and I had to act like I wanted more and-" Alejandro started to panic at seeing Noah's frustrated face, but was soon silenced when Noah sighed and put a hand over the spanish teens mouth.

"Shut it. I'm not mad at you." Noah rolled his eyes, a frown still on his face. "I just felt jealous, that's all. You can't blame me though."

Alejandro sighed out in relief, previously being much more calm now that he knew Noah wasn't mad, directly at him at least. Meanwhile, Noah was walking around the room with his head buried deep in thoughts.

"What if that happens again though? What am I supposed to do? I can't help looking jealous." Noah gritted his teeth, thinking about the joy on Courtney's face seeing him suffer. "She would do anything to win this, or at least to get closer with you. I'm pretty sure she hates Harold too. She's only teaming up with him for now, I can feel it."

Alejandro nodded, watching Noah pace around the secluded library shelves. He sat down on the chair off to the side, sighing out. The bookworm had a point. Courtney wasn't exactly the nicest person, and it was obvious she had fought with Harold in the past. Now she had convinced the nerd to do something in order to sabotage Noah. Obviously, he wasn't able to do much though, because Noah had remained unaffected. The spanish teen sat for a moment.

"Mi amór, I don't know how to help you avoid your jealousy, as much as I wish I could help" Alejandro sighed, having considered options for awhile. It had taken two times for Noah to realise the pet name Alejandro was calling him. His heart fluttered at the spanish words, but he shook it off.

"I'll try to ignore it. If she thinks it doesn't affect me, she might stop." Noah grunted. His heart jabbed with pain at the thought of having to deal with Courtney and Alejandro more than he already had a few minutes ago.
Alejandro nodded, agreeing. He thought for a few seconds, his mind wandering. He needed to reassure Noah some how. He was still convinced that the bookworm was slightly salty, and his guesses seemed quite accurate based on the expression planted on his face. Looking around, he scanned the bookshelves to see if their were any spies as a new idea popped into his head.

"Is there anyone watching us?" Alejandro asked, raising an eyebrow. The shelves around were completely drained of people. This was a big library, and this was also one of the most untouched corners. So the chances of anyone coming here soon were quite unlikely, unless that Emma decided to find Noah again.

Noah turned around to Alejandro, who was leaned back on the chair with a mix of emotion on his face. It seemed like half of the man was wanting to prove his point to Noah, his eyes scanning down the bookworms body with genuine love. The rest of his face was a bundle of stress, confusion and a hint of smugness. Noah rolled his eyes, stepping towards Alejandro. He tried to speak, but he was lost for words as Alejandro grabbed his wrist.