neuf - brainstorm

I'm scrolling through TikTok, trying to find ideas for the wedding

I'm scrolling through TikTok, trying to find ideas for the wedding. I've decided on my bridesmaids: Lily is my maid of honor, and my coworkers Hanni, Danielle, and Jen. Jake has already decided on his best man, his older brother Jason. His groomsmen are Ethan, Chris and Felix.

"Have you found anything yet?" Jake asks, flopping down next to me on the couch, on his phone looking for ideas as well.

"No, just one idea."

"What is it?"

"No plus ones. That way you don't have to put them on the end to crop them out of photos whenever they break up." I say, laughing a little before adding, "It also makes it less awkward because we'll know everyone who's there."

"I like that idea." Jake says, placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Really? You don't think it's mean?"

"No, I don't. I know that it's our special day and we can make any rules that we want to."

I smile at his words, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"I'd also like to add no gross vows and no smashing cake on each other's face. We can put frosting on each other's nose, but I don't get the point of having the bride get her face done just for it to be ruined by a cake to the face. Not to mention the cost of a wedding cake."

"I would never do that. And I obviously completely agree. It's really wasteful."

"Besides that, the last thing I can think of is no kids at the after party."

"Agreed."

"Do you have any ideas for the wedding?"

"Uh, I wasn't really looking because I got distracted by these silly dog videos." he says, turning his phone around to show the video to me.

"Should we have Layla be the flower girl?"

His eyes light up, a bright smile across his face.

"Really?"

"Of course."

"YIPPEEEE!!!" he sprang up from the couch, celebrating.