29. Price of Forgiveness

"𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕖, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕒𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣."

The next evening, Jungkook sighed looking outside the glass panes. It was dead cold outside, the fog made it more gloomy. Today, Jungkook had day shift which was about to end in few minutes. On weekends, he would do day shifts because in the evening, he and Hoseok had plans like watching movies, or going somewhere for a nice dinner, sometimes. Sometimes they would go to the arcade and play games.

Hoseok:

I'll might be back in by early morning as you know already. Just lock the doors carefully. My number would be switched off, you know the rest drill. Don't sleep on empty stomach.

Take care. Goodnight.

Jungkook sighed, suddenly he remembered his yesterday's conversation with Namjoon. Jungkook was aware whenever they had some mission or work calls, Hoseok would go for whole night. Sometimes he comes back around midnight or early morning.

Jungkook:

Yes I know. Please be careful hyung. Goodnight.

He sent the reply and pushed his phone inside his pocket. He was waiting for Mira, so he could hand over charge to her. Looking back at the tabs open on the screen, he did the total for his shift. So, Mira would have no problem in continuing this. The bell of the shop chimed.

"An Iced Americano...", the voice said.

Jungkook typed in without lifting his head up, like he always does. "Anything else sir?", he spoke in a cliche professional tone.

"Some of your time...", the man said.

Jungkook's hands stopped and he looked up. The man's face was covered with a mask and he was wearing a snapback. "Your order will be up in 5 minutes..." Jungkook said pushing back the bad feeling.

"And when I can get your five minutes?", the man spoke.

"W-what do you mean?", Jungkook said looking at the man.

"I have something of your interest....", the man spoke.

"Sir please, I am not interested....." Jungkook said. "You see the little girl and her mother over there.... It would take no time for me to kill them. So, how about you listen to me?" the man slightly slid his jacket to show Jungkook his gun.

Suddenly Jungkook's throat got dry and he gulped, fear shown on his face, "Good... That's what I thought."

"Hey bro... Wassupp?", Mira spoke.

"I am in the next alley, don't make me wait much...." The man whispered leaving the counter.

"My my... Why do you look pale? Did that guy hit on you?", Mira wriggled her eyebrows.

"N-no uhh I am okay. I need to go...", Jungkook said before Mira could speak Jungkook left the shop.

He was scared but he had no choice, otherwise God knows what the man would do. Jungkook did as the man told him. With scared steps he made his way in the next alley. It was dark and gloomy. When he got more closer, he heard faint whimpering voices. His heart was beating erratically, yet he continued.