him again

Yn POV

Waking up late was not my kind of thing. In fact it was already past 12 and the sun rays were certainly blinding my eyes. Rolling over my tummy, I pulled the sheets aside and got up, heading straight to the bathroom. My wound still hadn't healed from the attack that occurred two days ago. I ripped the bandage, inspecting the flesh that shone on my skin. Disgusting. I pulled out another bandage and quickly cleaned the wound. Shit stung like crazy.

"What a quiet afternoon" I relaxed as I headed downstairs to my kitchen. My maids had prepared a lavish meal as I greeted them warmly.

"Maam you overslept today" one of the maids spoke up as I chuckled and nodded.

"Seems like it"

Yn wasn't a rude person. These maids and servants have been with her ever since she was born, almost like her family. To her, they were everything she could ask for.

"Ma'am will you be heading to the gala today?"

"Oh shit it's today isn't it?" The maids nodded as I groaned uncomfortably at the thought of getting ready.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes" the maids stared down at me causing me to give in to their stubborn faces. I didn't want to attend a gala when in fact I should be looking for those bastards who escaped me. Fury swirled around me at the thought of them.

"I will go take a shower then if I have to go to this stupid gala" I wiped my lips and swiftly walked back upstairs, closing the door to my room.

"Another party. God knows what he will want to celebrate tonight. Another wife?" I scoffed at the thought of the man getting remarried every two months.

Laying out my gown for the evening, I strip myself off of my clothes while sinking into the bathtub, eyes closed. It was just moments after, I envisioned the same incident all over again. Muttering in fear, I jumped up screaming the living hell out of me, splashing around as I finally took in my surroundings.

Calming myself down, I drain the water and dried my body before applying light makeup. Makeup wasn't my thing but tonight was a special event hosted by a friend.

The dress hugged my figure tightly as I stared at my beautiful reflection on the mirror. Beautiful but pathetic. There wasn't an ounce of joy or happiness among the eyes. The black dress brought out the mafia in me.

"Just another useless evening" I sigh before grabbing my clutch and heading outside. The time was 4pm. The event started at 5.

"Bye" I waved to the maids before stepping out to my car. "I will drive tonight" I took the keys from my driver and stepped on the gas.

My thoughts were simply spinning on how to catch them. All I did throughout the ride was make calls to enquire for any further updates. My mood uplifted naturally.

Work. That's all that kept me going. I was born into a living hell and the only joy I found was in my work and my life as a mafia. Was I nice one or a bad one? I guess within time I will come to know. And within half an hour I had arrived.

Parking the car, I got off dusting my dress when I caught sight of two of my guards. Letting out a small smile, I nodded towards them before turning around and entering the hall.

Naturally it was beautiful. Big and beautiful. Mr Jeon never disappoints when it comes to parties. I scanned the surroundings, keeping closely to myself since mostly this was a family gathering. I noticed a fellow acquaintance as I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Yn!" he smiled and shook my hand.

"Been a minute Jin" I accepted his hand. I turned to notice some familiar faces.