Chapter 1

3rd pov:

The tale begins in the first years of Hogwarts, where the train to the magical school was departing. A boy with brown hair and green eyes looked outside the window with a nervous expression. A knock on the cabin door caught his attention, and he opened it to find a girl with blond hair and green eyes similar to his own, greeting him with an energetic smile.

"Sorry, may I sit here? Everywhere else is full," she asked.

The boy simply nodded, and she settled herself in front of him. An awkward silence hung in the air until the trolley lady arrived, asking, "Anything from the trolley, dears?"

The girl's eyes lit up, and she nodded enthusiastically, "Yes! Finally, can I have 2 chocolate frogs and a box of Bertie Bott's?" The lady handed the blond girl the candies as she sat in front of the boy, breaking the awkward silence.

"Here, have some chocolate frogs. You seemed nervous, right?" she offered.

The boy managed a thin smile, "It's fine, thank you."

"I insist," she said, smiling, and handed him a chocolate frog. The girl then introduced herself, "I'm Genevieve, by the way. Genevieve Pendragon."

"Newt, Newt Scamander," he replied. And so, their journey at Hogwarts began with a simple exchange on the Hogwarts Express.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

The first year at Hogwarts unfolded, and with each passing day, Newt and Genevieve's bond deepened. What started as awkward glances transformed into affectionate stares, and their small talks evolved into full-blown rambles and conversations. Newt excelled in Care of Magical Creatures, while Genevieve found her strength in Potions.

In the second year, Genevieve was chosen to play as a Beater in Quidditch. Newt attended all her matches, and she made sure to give him extra attention even amid the audience's cheers.

As the third year unfolded, the duo grew even closer. Newt delighted in showing Genevieve new things about magical creatures, and she reciprocated with unbridled excitement, often jumping around while rambling on.

One afternoon found them sitting under a tree, Genevieve laying her head on Newt's shoulder while engrossed in a book on alchemy. Newt playfully poked her puffed-up cheek, prompting her to look up and emit a content hum. Newt then pointed to her side as she her eyes widen seeing a bird sitting next to her as she mumbled, "Is that..."

"A Diricawl," Newt said, a twinkle in his eyes. "It's rare for them to appear near someone. I say it must have taken a liking to you."

Genevieve chuckled, "Well, who wouldn't? I'm quite charming." She gave him a playful nudge making him chuckle lightly looking down. Throughout the years, there was something Newt could never do: look people in the eyes. It felt too awkward for him. Instead, he preferred to concentrate on various features like their chin, forehead, or ears. However, for Genevieve, it was her lips. There was just something so innocent about them—soft, with a subtle red shade, plump, and delicately curved.

Their friendship deepened over the years, marked by shared laughter, shared interests, and shared moments of quiet companionship. The quirkiness of Newt perfectly complemented the vivacity of Genevieve, creating a bond that was as magical as the world they lived in.

As the sun painted the sky in hues of orange and pink, casting a warm glow over the Hogwarts grounds, Newt and Genevieve found solace in the simplicity of the moment. The whispers of the wind in the trees and the occasional rustle of pages turning were the only sounds in their little corner of the world. There was something so perfect about it and Genevieve would not give it up for the world.