Chapter 20

3rd pov:

The train pulled up to the station, and they could hear a voice over the speaker speaking in German about their stop. Newt knelt down to his case, petting the baby Qilin gently. "You're all right, little one," he whispered as they waited for the train to fully stop before he shut the case.

"Berlin. Wonderful," Hicks said sarcastically as she stood up and walked over to the windows, while Theseus straightened his tie. Kama got up and headed to the door, prompting Theseus to say, "Kama... stay safe." Kama simply stared at him before walking out.

Genevieve noticed Bunty reaching out for Newt's case and grabbing the handle. "I must be going too now, Newt," Bunty said, surprising Newt as he reluctantly let go of the case. "No one can know everything... not even you," Bunty remarked before walking away. Kama and Bunty exchanged glances before parting ways, Kama to the left and Bunty to the right.

"Right. Well, here it is," Newt said as they, along with Theseus, Jacob, William, Adrien, Hicks, and Genevieve, walked towards an alley and a wall that turned into a gateway. Passing through it led them to the German Ministry building. Stepping out into the courtyard, they observed banners of Anton Vogel, Liu, and Santos hanging off the walls.

"The German Ministry of Magic?" Theseus questioned. "Yes," Newt and Genevieve replied as fireworks lit up the sky in the distance. "I take it we're here for a reason," Theseus remarked as they watched the fireworks. "Yes, we have a tea ceremony to attend... and if we don't hurry up, we'll be late," Genevieve said, urging them to start walking.

They found themselves walking in the midst of a crowd, with one side chanting for Santos and the other for Liu, while guards kept watch to prevent conflicts. Genevieve looped her arm around Newt's and held Adrien's hand tightly. "Don't leave my or Newt's side, okay?" she instructed Adrien, who nodded in agreement.

"Theseus," greeted a man with dark hair and a suit as they approached. "Helmut," Theseus acknowledged as they walked past the guards. They conversed briefly in German before Theseus noticed the guards blocking Jacob, William, and Hicks. "Hey, hey. They're with me," Theseus asserted, and the guards stepped aside to let them in.

"I take it we're not here for the finger sandwiches," Theseus whispered as they entered a large ballroom filled with important Wizarding figures enjoying food and drink. "No, I have a message to deliver," Newt replied. "A message? To whom?" Theseus inquired just as Vogel entered the room, prompting Theseus to express disbelief, "You are joking." 

"No," Newt confirmed as they walked towards Vogel.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

As the group split and walked away, Jacob expressed his discomfort with the situation. "What am I even doing here? Let's go outside," he suggested to Hicks and William. "I'm not very good in these situations," Jacob admitted. Hicks inquired about what situations he meant, to which Jacob clarified, "With all the people, the fancy people."

William sympathized, remarking that he also didn't feel comfortable in such environments. Hicks seemed surprised, mentioning William's mother and her supposed penchant for parties. 

William scoffed, expressing disdain for such gatherings due to his negative memories associated with them. "I'm sorry, kid," Jacob offered supportively, placing a hand on William's shoulder.

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of an elderly woman, Edith, who took an interest in Jacob. She complimented him, saying, "Hello. I saw you enter the room...and I thought to myself...Edith, that's an interesting-looking man." Jacob nervously smiled and introduced himself. Edith, curious, asked about his origin, to which Jacob replied, "Queens." This seemed to impress Edith to some extent.