Chapter 13

3rd pov:

Newt and Jacob followed the cloth's guidance to a dimly lit alley where a house, it was creepy. Jacob gave a skeptical look and remarked, "Are you sure we're in the right place?"

"Positive, this has to be it," Newt affirmed as he knocked on the door. A voice from inside called out, "Stand by!" The door creaked open to reveal a seemingly old person with a stature more fitting for a 5-year-old child, dressed in a blue robe.

"State your purpose," the person asked with a serious tone.

"Uh, is there anyone named Genevieve in this house?" Newt inquired, noticing the person's surprised expression before he cleared his throat and replied, "There is no woman named Genevieve here."

"Well, you're a tarot card reader, right? We wanted to get a reading," Jacob chimed in, prompting the little guy to nod and invite them inside.

"Miss is outside now, you should wait," the person informed them as another knock sounded at the door. The dial shifted from green to blue as the person said, "Stand by!"

A little girl appeared at the front door, but the background no longer resembled the alley they were in, which puzzled Newt and Jacob. The person handed the girl a packet, receiving a newspaper and magazine in return. The person then looked up at Newt, glanced at the magazine, and gasped, pulling off his hood to reveal a young boy with black hair and brown eyes who exclaimed in a youthful voice, "You're Newt Scamander!"

"Huh?" Jacob and Newt muttered in surprise.

"So, Genevieve does live here, huh?" Newt inquired, to which the boy nodded enthusiastically, saying, "Yeah! She's the best witch there is! She took me in a month ago." The boy then noticed Jacob looking out the window and exclaimed, "We are in London!"

"What?" Newt looked outside in disbelief as a fairy flew by, shouting, "What's all the noise about?! Can't a lady have a nice day at her spa!" The unexpected location shift left both Newt and Jacob thoroughly bewildered.

"Hi, Rosetta," the boy greeted as he went into the kitchen and peeked out, seeing Jacob turning the dial around with a sigh. The fairy then flew in front of Jacob's face, "Stop wandering around! I'm getting mad, you know!"

"You are a fairy, if I'm not wrong?" Newt said as Rosetta flew in front of his face and replied, "I am! And I know you're Newt Scamander, the guy Genevieve keeps gushing about!"

Newt's face flushed as Jacob smiled teasingly at him. "She talks about me," Newt muttered with a smile, looking down.

"Wait, fairies don't have the ability to talk. How are you talking?" Newt wondered as Rosetta chuckled while sitting in her little chair, and the boy walked in with plates of food flying behind him.

"Oh well, the day Genevieve conjured me, she gave me a weird soup, and after that, I started talking," Rosetta said as Newt hummed in curiosity.

"So, is this some magic house? How are we able to change places?" Jacob wondered as the boy answered while eating his breakfast that Genevieve had left for him, "Well, Mistress Genevieve and Rosetta made it."

"You made it?" Newt looked at Rosetta as she sighed, "Genevieve put some charm on the house and then poked my wing with it, and now I have control over those dials. The green one is for her house in London, the red one is for Paris."

The door opened as the alchemist came inside, and Newt's eyes widened as she leaned on the door, closing her eyes in frustration. "Ugh, stupid family," Genevieve groaned as she took off her coat, still not noticing her friends had come in. Adrien got off his chair and ran towards her.