Chapter 3

3rd pov:

"Come on," she said as she dragged Newt and Genevieve towards a tall, ornately carved skyscraper. "Darling, we do have things to do rather than going places, actually," Genevieve replied, but the woman still tugs on her coat sleeve with one hand and Newt's wrist with her other hand. "Well, you'll have to rearrange them!" she snapped at them and guided them through the busy traffic.

"What are you two doing in New York anyway?" she asked them.

"We came to buy a birthday present," Newt said, not telling her what they were really doing there.

"Couldn't you have done that in London?" she asked.

"No, there's only one breeder of Appaloosa Puffskeins in the world, and he lives in New York, so no...." Newt said as she moved them towards a side door, which was guarded by a man in a uniform. "I got a Section 3A." She said to the man, and the three of us walk through the door.

"Hey. By the way, we closed that guy down a year ago. We don't allow the breeding of magical creatures in New York," she said, and we walked into the MACUSA's main lobby.

Genevieve sighed, rolling her eyes, 'Of course, you don't. No wonder you've got Muggles against you.' High above them, a gigantic dial with many cogs and faces emblazoned with the legend: Magical Exposure Threat Level. The hand on the dial points to Severe: Unexplained Activity. And behind that was a portrait of a witch named Seraphina Picquery, the MACUSA president.

The woman guides the two through the bustle towards an elevator that's being operated by a goblin. "Hey, Goldstein," the goblin said to the woman, Goldstein. "Hey, Red," she said as she pushed Newt and Genevieve inside. "Major Investigation Department," Goldstein said. "I thought you were -" Red started to say, but Miss Goldstein cut him off. "Major Investigation Department! I got a Section 3A!" And Red uses a long-clawed stick to reach a button that was above his head, and the elevator descends.

Newt looked over at Genevieve and saw that she had an annoyed and judging look on her face. He could almost hear her criticism. Newt shook his head as he felt a hand brush his own, looking down to see Genevieve rubbing her thumb over his hand, trying to soothe his worry. He looked over at her as she leaned forward to his ear, "They'll manage. I'm sure it'll be fine."

The elevator stops, and Miss Goldstein grabs her arm, pulling them out of the elevator.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

"Whatever it is, one thing's clear--it must be stopped. It's terrorizing No-Majs, and when No-Majs are afraid, they attack. This could mean exposure. It could mean war," a woman said as the three of them cautiously approached a group of people who seemed to be having some kind of meeting. One of them, the MACUSA president, turned around to face them.

"I made your position here quite clear, Miss Goldstein," she said, obviously angry but containing it well. "Yes, Madam President, but I-" Goldstein began, frightened, but the president interrupted her. "You are no longer an Auror," she declared.

'Bloody hell, I knew I should have gotten popcorn,' Genevieve thought, pouting, as Newt saw her face deadpanning. He could almost hear her thoughts as he took out a small candy from his pocket and gave it to her, making her eyes light up. "Well, a candy will do," Goldstein then said. "No, Madam President, but-"

"Goldstein," the president said sternly.

"There's been a minor incident-" Goldstein tried to argue.

"Well, this office is currently concerned with very major incidents. Get out," said the president.

"Yes, ma'am," Goldstein said, humiliated, and she pushed them back towards the elevator.