Chapter 8

3rd pov:

After receiving clearance, the five of them entered the seedy, low-ceilinged speakeasy, a haven where every member of New York's magical community could unwind. A glamorous goblin jazz singer took center stage, accompanied by a band of goblin musicians. Smoke-like images wafted from her wand, illustrating her lyrics in a mesmerizing display.

​​​​​​The Phoenix cried fat tears of pearl

When the dragon snapped up his best

girl,

And the Billywig forgot to twirl

When his sweetheart left him cold,

And the unicorn done lost his horn,

And the Hippogriff feels all forlorn,

Cause their lady loves have upped and

gawn,

Or that's what I've been told

As the singing continues, The singer made her way around the room until she stopped in front of Genevieve, who smirked slightly and lifted her hat in a small courtesy. The goblin singer took Genevieve's hand, and with a snap of her fingers, a hippogriff twirled around Genevieve, creating a magical spectacle. The goblin twirled around Genevieve before waving goodbye with a flying kiss, leaving Genevieve chuckling as she walked over to where Jacob stood by what appeared to be an unmanned bar, waiting to be served.

"How does one get a drink in this joint?" Jacob asked aloud, just as a thin bottle of brown liquid zoomed towards him out of nowhere. Catching it in surprise, Jacob stared in astonishment as the head of a house-elf peeked up at him from behind the bar.

"What? Ain't you ever seen a house-elf before?" the elf asked, eyeing Jacob suspiciously.

"Oh, uh, no, yeah, of course, I have... I love house-elves. My uncle's a house-elf," Jacob said, trying to act nonchalant as he removed the cork from the bottle.

The house-elf, clearly not fooled, straightened up and leaned against the bar, fixing Jacob with a curious gaze as Genevieve and Queenie joined them at the bar.

"Six shots of gigglewater, please," Queenie requested, looking a bit downcast.

"And three bottles of Daisyroot Draught, please," Genevieve ordered, slipping the bottles into her bottomless purse.

As the house-elf shuffled off to fulfill their order, Queenie and Jacob exchanged a glance, while Genevieve scanned the bar.

"Are all No-Majs like you?" Queenie teased Jacob.

"No, I'm the only one like me," Jacob replied, trying to sound serious and almost seductive as he reached for one of the gigglewater shots.

Maintaining a strong gaze with Queenie, Jacob downed the shot, emitting a raucous, high-pitched giggle afterward. Genevieve snorted and covered her mouth with her hand as Queenie laughed sweetly at him. The lively atmosphere of the speakeasy surrounded them as they enjoyed their time together, immersed in the magical world of jazz and enchantment.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Across the room, Newt couldn't help but steal glances at Genevieve as he, and Tina sat alone at a table. "I've arrested half of the people in here," Tina remarked, surveying the bar, and Newt redirected his attention to her. "You can tell me to mind my own business... but Genevieve and I noticed something in that death potion back there. We saw you comforting that Second Salem boy," he mentioned as Tina shifted her gaze away, looking off to the side.