Chapter 1- The Choice

It's been a while since it was just Liam and I hanging out. Is it selfish to say I miss the way things were before he was famous? I'm so happy for Liam and everything that has happened to him over the past year with the band and all his success, but I miss my friend. The whole time he was on The X-Factor, we barely talked. When you go from seeing or talking to someone everyday, to barely speaking or seeing them at all, it isn't easy. Especially after the way he said goodbye to me when he left. I still don't understand why he would kiss me. What good was that going to do? Of course he didn't like me the way I liked him, well... at least I think he didn't. After he kissed me, I barely heard from him while he was away for 7 months. That left me wondering for 7 months what that kiss meant to him and why he did it. I kept telling myself that it was just a friendly goodbye kiss, even though I wish it meant more than that. I've seen who Liam has dated. Every girl that he has had sex with or dated was gorgeous with a perfect body that looked nothing like myself. I guess after those long 7 months, he forgot all about the kiss. I guess he just forgot all about me. I never mentioned the kiss to him, it would have just been a waste of time. My feelings never changed for him, but after hearing he met someone on X-Factor, I tried telling myself that it was time to move on. I didn't want to lose my best friend, so if I can't have him more than a friend, I'll just have to get over it. 

After he came home and told me about his new girlfriend Danielle, who he met while on The X-Factor, it was hard to hear. Of course as a best friend I would be there for him whenever he needed to talk, but liking someone so much and having them talk about their girlfriend isn't the easiest thing in the world.  Before Danielle came into the picture, we used to talk about everything. There were no secrets between us. Well, besides the one thing I have never told Liam... which I never plan on telling him. Even though I'm a virgin, Liam would tell me about his hook ups and sexual experiences. I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested in hearing about them. Just another thing to add to the list of my insecurities- not being as sexually experienced as Liam and the girls he would hook up with. He is attractive, we all know that. He is also an amazing, funny, honest, and kind-hearted person. What girl wouldn't want to be with Liam.  

Ever since Danielle came into the picture, his time either goes towards her or the band. I know she's his girlfriend, but I just wish he could make time for me as well. Is that selfish? I don't know, but all I know is I miss him. Sometimes I wonder if he missed me too. 

Ever since Danielle called me out on liking Liam, I've been afraid to see or hangout with him. I denied it every time but she wouldn't let it go. She told me to back off and stop hanging out with Liam, but how could I do that? He was my best friend. Danielle knew I liked him, even when I thought I wasn't being obvious about it. I guess the way I acted towards him, the way I looked at him, or how great we got along bothered her. It always annoyed Danielle that Liam and I were so close. I always felt like Danielle was jealous of Liam and I's relationship, but she has no reason to be. She has him and I don't. She gets to kiss him. She gets to hold him. She gets him

Danielle is perfect. She's a dancer so she's in great shape, she has flawless skin, a great fashion sense, beautiful hair, and is also 5 years older than me. Me being so self-conscious doesn't help the situation at all. Lets face it, I'm intimidated by Danielle. She has everything I wish I had. 

When he called and told me he got a flat in London, it was bittersweet. It was awesome to hear that he was moving to London because we always used to talk about it when we were younger and how much we wanted to live there. I figured since he was so successful on X Factor that he would be moving to London anyway, but everything was moving so fast. I know we are only 17, but Liam's moving out, getting a flat, living in a big city... it's a big step. I also realized that he was moving closer to her