𝑺𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶 ♥︎ 34

"I will be dancing with The Next Step."

Everyone stood, taking in the fact that Amanda, the very same girl that once stood before them and bald-faced betrayed them, was now undeniably saving them.

Riley frowned. "Why would she wanna help us? She went behind our backs and betrayed us and now she's just gonna... save us?"

"Whoa, wait, how is that even possible?" The LOD dance captain jumped in.

"Oh, it's possible, after the amount of drama we've had this year," Orla smirked back at her.

Amanda was more calm. "It's because I'm registered on both teams. Which gives me the right to compete with them."

"I was registered on both Elite and The Next Step. Kate sent in the names when I was already at the studio."

"I've never heard of anything like this happening at Nationals before," Kate smiled. "It's a long shot, but... it might be our only chance."

"There's rules against this, she can't be on both teams-" the LOD dance captain butted in again.

"Wouldn't you rather beat us in the finals than win on a technicality?" Orla shot back.

The two girls stared each other down before Sandra said. "Okay, so I don't know the rules here so I'm gonna go find out, so give me a minute and I'll go and speak to the judges."

"She was part of our roster. And it was approved," smirked Chloe. "So it's not exactly our problem that she was approved on The Next Step roster and as well as the Elite roster."

Giselle shrugged. "If she can dance for them, hopefully she can dance for us."

"I'll get back to you in a few minutes, alright?" Sandra checked with Kate, who nodded.

"Okay, uh, Phoebe, why don't you go with them?"

"On it," Phoebe nodded.

As Sandra, the LOD captain and Phoebe left the room, an awkward atmosphere remained. Obviously, when the opposing team was in the room, the sides were clear and set. Now what remained was divided.

"How do we even know we can trust you?" West asked her.

"What other choice do you have?" Amanda retorted.

"Yeah, and West, what's she gonna do? Bomb the dance on stage? That's not gonna get her much of a career," Orla added.

Everyone let this sink in.

"Okay, I think we need to do what we always do, let's take a vote," Kate announced.

Orla sighed. Who was going to vote against? They all wanted to dance in the finals.

"Miss Kate..." she looked up to see Emily, who had come out of her room, having clearly been listening to everything, holding onto the door for support. "There's no need to vote. Orlie and Amanda are right. We need her."

"We can't face LOD with only ten dancers," Emily stated.

"Yeah, I hate to say this, and it doesn't mean I trust her in any way, but... Amanda's our only hope," Orla grit her teeth.

♥︎♥︎♥︎

Whilst the two announcers informed the audience of all the backstage drama, LOD faced TNS on the stage. The curtain was closed, but the audience was there, behind it. Both groups were just chatting, waiting, as Sandra and the judges spoke in the middle.