𝑺𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑺 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹 ♥︎ 29

Even though Michelle was gone, they had to move forward.

So Richelle and Noah were in the wings right now, in their costumes. Noah was in a blue suit and trousers combo, Richelle in a pink sparkly dress, hair in a plaited updo and sparkles on her eyelids.

Their competitors were dancing right now.

Orla had already given them a small pep talk.

She hoped her brother did well today. This was his first proper test as a competitive dancer. Yes, she knew he had done the blindfold and group dances at Internationals, but this was different. This was him on the stage, with only one other person. He was in the spotlight, and she just prayed he would shine.

As the other team finished, they got a big amount of cheers. But Orla knew Noah and Richelle could get more.

As they stepped out, she cheered for them along with the team.

Their duet was very good.

It starred a lot of tricks, but more importantly, a lot of technique. Orla still sometimes looked upon this pair as two recreational dancers that did duets in J-Troupe, but that wasn't what they were anymore. And now everyone knew it.

Richelle's flexibility and the sheer bravery at some of their lifts got big cheers, as well as the height of Noah's flips.

Their choreo was also very good, sleek and smooth, and Orla revelled in that as they continued, turning like there was no tomorrow.

As they finished, Orla wanted to give them a lot more cheers than she could. She had loved it, and the audience had too.

She just hoped the judges were also on that list.

"The winning team is... The Next Step!"

The next time Orla was aware of herself was when Noah was crushing her into a hug, even before he hugged Amanda.

"Well done!" Orla shouted to him, over the roar of the crowd. "I knew you could do it!"

Noah pulled back, grinning. "Thanks, Orls."

Orla smiled. "You're welcome."

♥︎♥︎♥︎

So it was the semi finals.

The semi... finals.

And the competition was fierce.

Well, rather, the Geminis were fierce.

Dancing with basketballs.

"And I thought the only one crazy enough to do this was West," Orla commented, vaguely chuckling with Amanda as the two of them stood in the wings.

"Well, at least we're not facing them," shrugged Amanda.

Orla nodded. The Geminis were up against Rythym Plus in this round, and they were killing their dance. They were so good! Orla rolled her eyes, trying to hate them but failing because of their skill.

"No matter what they do they just seem incredible," Amanda shook her head.

"Yeah, I can't believe Riley pulled us out of the second qualifier because she was afraid of losing Alfie, and yet here we are without him and we're doing fine," said Orla.