part 33

I get into the car, my formula 1 car who would've expected that. the seat is so oncomfortable but it brings me so much comfort. I know that doesn't make any sense but it does. when I get into the car I feel like everything is going to be alright. I know that the car doesn't solve anything but it just feels good. I have to do everything right this qualifying I know that the RedBull has already brought an update so I probably won't beat Max, as much as I should hate that I don't. To be Honest i don't really mind standing behind Max, he is such a taleted driver and I know that i probably will never be as good as him let alone beat him.

"Okay Lisa we are going to leave 5 minutes in quali." My engineer says as he pokes his head in my car.

"Copy." I say as i'm very focussed on racing already.

My engineer leaves me alone and I know that I have to do it. I'm driving in the second fastest car on the grid if I just keep my focus I will be able to make this a good quali.

  After a few more minutes Shawn got to the car and he gave me a little kiss on the top of my helmet.

"You can do this, I'm rooting for you." Shawn says and it made me smile.

"Thanks babe, I will do this." I say as he leaves again and I know it is just minutes before I have to go out on track to put my first lap in.

a few minutes later I get the sign to drive off and I do. I did an outlap and my car felt great so I did my first lap and I put it on 1st place and I know that I won't have to do an other lap to stay in the top 15 so to spare some tires I won't I get back in the Pitlane with the adrenaline rushing trough my veins.

"great job great job, plan B." My engineer says through the radio as I get into the pitbox.

I get the Ipad in front of me with the times and where I can approve. this is such a small track that I have to get everything out of it, I have to drive as close to wall as possible in some spots. and in other spots I have to stay as far away from the walls as possible. It is a difficukt track but I know that if I can get the car in the right window and I can find just a little extra pace I could for sure have a second row start for tomorrow. I see the Ipad getting taken away and I feel My car back on the ground.

"You can drive out now drive out now." I hear in my helmet.

"Copy."

I drive out of my pitbox and I see Lando is before me so with a little luck I can get a tow from him. 

"Can you stay behind Lando." My engineer comunicates with y.

"I will, if he needs a tow I'm willing to sacrifice." I say knowing he is the first driver so I would give up a good position so he can have one.

"No need." My engineer responds.

I love how direct and simple my engineer is there are not much words needed to make sure what needs to happen. The relationship I have with my engineer couln't be better. 

I start driving Q2 and it all went just fine, I couln't find the pace I wanted to find but I put myself in fifth place which wasn't what I wanted but I did get through to Q3.

"Fuck that wasn't easy." I say through my radio as I make my way back to the pitlane.

"You are in Q3 that's the most important thing." My engineer says putting the facts first.

the car gets put back into my pitbox and I start doubting myself as I see the Ipad what says that I can approve everywhere. I take an extra look at the Ipad and I just close my eyes when there are so many voices down there.

"You really think you of all people can make it into F1." I hear my mom saying

"No I don't think girls should be in F1." I hear Charles saying