part 35

I run off because I see someone I need to talk to. He looks just as unfocused as me away from me. He didn't see me yet but I know that face from all the faces in the world. So I run, bump into people just to get to him. After some more metres I catch up to him and I grab his wrist as he turns around mad.

"I needed to keep my promise." I say as he looks me in the eyes.

"I was scared you would break it after all these years sunny." Max says as a smile appears on his face.

"Goodluck and please drive safe Max." I say as I smile back at him.

"I think you need it more." He says as he winks at me.

"That's one thing that's for sure." I say as I look at my feet covered in racing shoes.

"Don't be so hard on yourself you're a great driver." Max says as I smile back at him.

"Thanks max." I say as we just in each other's eyes for a few more seconds.

"Lisa Amy Schumacher what has gotten into you today, get in your focus." My performance coach says as he walks up to us.

"You know that's not her middle name." Max says as he laughs a little.

"I needed something to let her know I'm mad." My performance coach says to shut Max up

"You're gonna do great, I have to go." Max says as he softly squeezes my arm and walks off.

"Yeah I know I'm sorry, we just had a promise since we were kids and I had to keep it." I say

"You are not focussed Lisa, don't think I can't see that." He says in my face.

"I-I'm sorry I'm just scared for this race, I don't think I'll do well." I say as I look in his eyes opening up.

"And you needed Max to calm you." He says as he could see right trough me.

"She always has, from when she was little. Works both ways." I hear someone say and I look the direction the voice is coming from.

"Hi jos, you know max just went the other way." I say to him as he smiles at me with a little chuckle.

"I just wanted to tell the little Schumacher good luck." He says as he nods at me.

For some reason was jos so good in telling me exactly what I need to hear. Little Schumacher, he just reminded me who the fuck I am. I know this isn't my track but I have to make it work.

"Thanks jos, I won't let him down." I say as jos knew right away that I meant my dad.

"You could never." He says as he walks away in the same direction max did.

"You focus is back isn't it." My performance coach says as he could see it in my eyes.

"I don't care what happens let the race begin." I say as we both walk back to my car.

I take a deep breath looking at my car. The adrenalin is starring to rise just by looking at it. It was just 15 minutes to go now. Time to get into the car. I take step in the car as it was going to be mine forever.

I have driven the formation lap and I knew this wasn't going to be my race but I knew I had to give it everything. I put the car back in it's place and I waited for the other drivers behind me to return to the grid. I could only think about 2 words. The 2 little words Jos told me, and for god sake it was my own name. Little Schumacher. Schumacher my dad was the micheal Schumacher I have to prove my name. I fucking have to. I see the lights going on one by one, the sounds of cars around me filling my ears. The world just stops for a second everytime those lights go on. after those seconds they go out and I know I have to make a good start.