Three

Song: Buttons- Playin' Top Dollar, NAJA

AN: eat your hearts out 😏💅✨

The Witch

I couldn't get the fighter out of my head. The way he moved— that arrogance in his step as he entered the pit— it all reminded me of Mal. But when I looked into the fighters eyes as I gave him the piece of my dress, they were not the same amber ones I had memorized.

They were stone gray, devoid of any color at all.

I pretended not to be disappointed for my own sake.

After all the fights had finished, the Morningstar took me back to the club portion of the building. We received a VIP table above the action so we could see everything. All of the movement, all of the blinding lights that flashed with the pulsing beat the DJ produced. It smelled like sex, hard liquor, and weed.

What a trashy place for a first date.

But once again my eyes were glued to the dance floor.

A bottle girl dressed in nothing but skimpy red lingerie dropped a bottle of wine and two glasses off at the table before curtsying with batting lashes towards the Morningstar.

"Thank you, my dear," he said smoothly.

"Anything for my best customer," she winked before walking off with swaying hips.

He poured the blood red wine into the glasses and pushed one towards me.

"Loosen up," he said over to me. "Enjoy this. We don't get to have much of this with our line of work."

I took the glass in my hand carefully, bringing it to my lips. The note I had received earlier flashed in my head.

Don't drink the wine.

So I didn't. I tipped it back and feigned a swallow.

"Feel better," he asked curiously.

No. Not in the slightest.

I nodded. "Yea," I lied.

"I don't see why you don't go out there," he sighed, snaking his arm around my shoulders. "I just witnessed the way you command a room and it is magnificent."

I shifted uncomfortably. "This just isn't my scene—"

"If you actually had taken a drink of this very expensive bottle of wine, my dear, you'd find yourself much more inclined to enjoy yourself the way tonight was intended."

This asshole took me to a fight club then wanted me to throw myself in the middle of the sex driven rampage down below.

"No thank you—"

"Take a drink. We don't want any of your friends to go missing, do we?"

His eyes were like a sharks, the pupils widening as a predator's would before a kill. And I lifted the glass again, the wine in my glass rippled with the shaking of my hand.