Eleven

Song: Solitude- M83, Felsman+ Tiley Reinterpretation

AN: in case y'all forgot... Levi's still that bitch 😌💅✨

 Levi's still that bitch 😌💅✨

The Dreamer

I remembered slipping into the void like it was water. I submerged myself deep into its dark comfort like a soft warm blanket and shrouding myself entirely within its safety.

I didn't have to feel here. I didn't have to struggle with keeping my head on right.

It was just me and the darkness.

I had floated around enjoying the peace and quiet, not bothering to try and leave. I mean what was the point? It just felt like running on a hamster wheel. I was getting nowhere fast.

But something strange occurred inside my head. My consciousness slipped beyond my body and I realized I was staring down at myself like some fucked up nightmare.

Fuck I looked like shit.

Almost every inch of me had been wrapped right in bandages to cover the wounds inflicted.

If those fuckers weren't already dead, I'd go back and pick them off one by one for destroying every last piece of artwork I had done on myself.

Day after day, I watched Malachi sit at my side and try to connect. I wasn't around to remind him to feed. He looked much too pale and thin to have been eating. And he was now returning with fucking scary injuries.

He went into the pits again, I had realized. After being in there for thousands of years and finally freeing himself, he had gone back in. All that hard work had apparently meant nothing to him now.

I couldn't blame him.

When he wasn't around, I wandered aimlessly around his flat. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even grab the fucking remote to watch tv.

I had nothing but time. And boredom. I had plenty of that.

I took that time to figure out my capabilities here. What could I do as a literal ghost besides fuck around and find out?

So that's what I did.

The first week consisted of me walking through walls for the hell of it and jumping from high places. Then it was on to attempting to interact with the physical plane.

It was the most frustrating thing ever, but it kept me busy to pass the time. It was about a week and a half ago when I was walking about downtown when I decided to pop in to see my darling muse.

I'm sure if Sam and Des weren't with her, she would have been afraid of her own shadow. I was glad those two were at least keeping watch over her— despite sometimes having to share one goddamn brain cell.

I was there when the coronation ball was announced. I saw the look of sheer panic when the crowd became almost animalistic at her presence.

Something had occurred to me then. I could make the most of this shitty situation. I could be the insurgent Mal always wanted me to be from the comfort of my own mind.