Six

Song: Solar Sailor- Daft Punk (The Tron Legacy soundtrack slaps)

The Shadow

I had pulled Levi out of the hospital over a week ago and deleted any record of him being there. It took quite of effort to be able to slip past that hawk-eyed receptionist at the front desk, but I managed to get behind the desk when she had left for the bathroom.

The hard part was getting an unconscious full sized male out the front door. That part I had to get especially creative with.

It was surprisingly easy to steal some scrubs and a doctors badge. From there I had entered Levi's quiet room and saw him for the first time in weeks. The way his skin looked like a patchwork quilt made my stomach churn. Large stitches ran all over his body.

And his face had been wrapped entirely of bandages. His eyes, nose, and mouth, were the only visible parts of it I could see.

He hasn't improved much since then.

Not since I took him to my flat deep in the Chain. I made sure to do everything I could to make sure he was stable.

"Are you done sulking over your boyfriend," Hecate teased lightly. "I'm getting hungry, you know."

"Then get yourself something," I muttered. "The fridge is at your disposal."

She groaned, padding over to my side as I sat on a plain wooden stool.

"Let's go out," she pleaded. "We could have a date night."

I looked at her blandly. "Then who's going to keep an eye on him? I'm not leaving him alone. He needs to be watched at all times in case—"

I stopped myself, unable to even consider what would happen.

"He's not going to die," Hecate said gently, running her hands over my shoulder sweetly. "You've been so good at taking care of him he will survive for a few hours."

"It's the least I can do," I said coldly. "It was my decisions that led him to this bed. I will be damned if I let him lay in it alone."

Hecate sighed and moved to stand before me, her hands taking my face.

"You're a good male," she said softly. "Maybe the best I've ever known, but even you need to take time for yourself. It hurts to see you like this."

It hurts to be like this. It was unbearable to have to live with the weight of knowing that my decisions, my actions, had brought the one I had always considered friend to ruin.

Levi had always been more than just an ally. He was more than an asset. The day I had taken him out of that hellhole, I had seen someone who could understand me. The torment and anguish in his eyes were the same as mine. He wanted the same things as I did. Change.

And he didn't care how we did it, only that it got done and we were no longer beneath anyone else's rules but our own.

I opened my mouth to speak, but my phone began to buzz in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out and checked the caller ID.