Thirty-Three

Song: everything i wanted- Billie Eilish

AN: HUZZAHHHHH! Alas... an update... finally. On this date, there came forth a great nation that allowed me to write the most knee quivering, mouth watering smut I could conjure in my mind... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BALD EAGLE RAHHHHHHHHH

Oop... my fingers slipped on the keyboard. got a lil cray cray with that one lmao. I hope yall can forgive me for the lack of posting recently. I am now perfectly content with the direction this story is headed now and will carry on my way down the plot line.

The Witch

The Witch

My body acted before I could even think and I was between them. My hand pressed firmly to Levi's chest. Levi looked nearly feral.

"Levi," I growled. "Back off."

"Not until he knows exactly the kind of hell he put me through," he snarled. "Not until he knows the sort of pain you were forced to endure!"

"He knows," I screamed. "He fucking knows!"

"How can you stand there and defend him after everything he's done to you," Levi asked, his words were clipped. They were furious. The simmering rage in each syllable made my hairs raise on my arms.

I just looked at him. My chest tightening. "You all have done unspeakable things to me," I swallowed. "You all played a part in dragging me down away from my family. It doesn't matter if I can see past the flaws in you, you still harmed me too, Levi."

Pain flickered behind his eyes as he remembered himself. Guilt shoved itself deep into my chest as I realized the repercussions of what I had just said.

"Can we just talk about this when we all get to someplace safe," I asked after a long moment of strained silence. "Please?"

Levi let out an exasperated breath. "I've heard all his excuses before. I've heard thousands of years worth of them—"

"Just one more time," I begged. "If not for his sake then for mine. I can't do this without both of you. I need you."

Levi inhaled deeply, eyes closing tiredly as he nodded slowly. "Fine. One more time. But if he fucks us over again, I'll skin him alive."

I let out a relieved breath. "You'll have to beat me to him," I mumbled.

I turned to Malachi. His face was turned away in shame again. His skin was ashen and damp with sweat.

"He needs help," I said, turning back to Levi.

"No kidding," he snorted, stepping past me and throwing Mal's arm around his shoulder to act as a crutch. "Come on, you arrogant prick. You heard the lady."

"Thank you," Malachi breathed tiredly.

"Don't get it twisted," Levi said, his voice was low and filled with promised violence. "I'm not doing this for you."