Twelve

Song: Obsessed- Zandros, Limi

AN: I am completely feral for absolutely no reason.

The Witch

The Witch

Each night the Reaper returned, it seemed like the injuries became worse. He would let me do what I could, healing wise, and then would immediately vanish into his room. I wondered what was behind that door that made him so antsy to get back in there.

I had attempted to follow him in last night, but he had dropped some quick witty line about maintaining a strictly professional relationship and protecting my honor. I wasn't sure what I should be more frustrated about: being priestess-zoned or being denied any shred of information on who this guy was.

I felt that the trust I had with him was beyond facial recognition. But it was killing me. I was so insanely intrigued by the man beneath the mask that I would have attempted to rip it from his face if I felt like I was strong enough to overpower him.

"Why are you looking at me like that," he breathed, sucking in a sharp breath as I dabbed gently away at the deep cut along his collarbone.

I pulled  my gaze away, awkwardly shaking my head. "Like what?"

"Like you're dissecting all my secrets," he huffed.

A laugh flowed easily from my lips. "I was."

He gave a low chuckle. "Oh yea? And what did you find, priestess? Anything good?"

I pressed the gauze to his skin. "Maybe."

"This should be good," he teased softly. "Spill."

I scoffed. "Why should I?"

"Because I'm an injured male in need of distraction, priestess. And you are very entertaining," he purred.

I sighed, sitting further back on my legs that were tucked beneath me. It had become a habit to find ourselves in the quiet hours of the night alone on the bathroom floor as I cleaned and bandaged his wounds.

"I think you're not as chivalrous as you claim, Reaper," I said carefully, taping down the edges of the bandage.

He gave me a curious look. "How so?"

"It's obvious when you look at me," I said, my mouth suddenly becoming dry. "It's like you're thinking of all the ways you'd like to ruin me."

"And if I was thinking of all the ways I could do such an outrageous thing, what would you do to stop me," he asked, amusement lacing his nonchalant tone.

I brought my hands back, laying them in my lap carefully. Dark blood had found itself beneath my fingernails.

"I'm not even sure I would," I said truthfully. "I have a serious lack of self-preservation."