Fifteen

Song: On My Own- Darci

AN: guess who has their cleared their writers block... that's right. Its me. Now prepare to be fed 🫡

 Now prepare to be fed 🫡

The Shadow

"I want to become a weapon."

That was all I needed to hear before I distanced myself, eyes traveling down her new body. Skin like the night sky flecked with stars— hair like spun gold shimmering even in the dimness of the Seventh. She was truly a sight to behold because if I wasn't already bound to her, seeing her now would have sealed my fate.

The curves of her body seemed to have filled just enough to notice the enticing transition between her waist and hips— all the way down to those dainty hooves that she now shifted awkwardly on.

If god wasn't such an asshole, I'd thank him for letting me see her divinity.

"Please don't look at me like that," she rasped.

My eyes immediately snapped back to hers as if I had lost myself.

"Apologies," I said, clearing my throat. "Let's start with getting to know your body. From the beginning. Walking. Then running. Then fighting."

The darker part of me gave me delightful images of other things to put into her curriculum. I had to shove that part of me down. This was not the time to fuck around and find out.

She needed to get acquainted with herself again. She needed to be ready to defend herself. I wouldn't always be there to play hero on her behalf.

"When you're walking, make sure to keep your body balanced. Head in line with shoulders, in line with your—"

"I get it," she snapped, taking a wobbly step forward.

I let her sharp tone slide. Any normal person would be a bit snippy if they suddenly shifted into something else.

But in order for her to reach her fullest potential, she couldn't be scared of this. I'd have to teach her to not be afraid of the possibilities. In time she'd be able shift at will, but that would only come when she learned to accept this.

I kept watching her struggle to walk, but I made no move to help her. She would eventually have to be able to do this on her own. Besides, she'd probably slap me away anyway.

She looked angry— furious even. Her steps were overly pronounced and awkward. That would straighten out in time. Her eyes hadn't left the ground ahead of her. But even then, the tip of her hoof caught on the ground and she was on her hands and knees a moment later. A frustrated scream erupted from her.

"Keep going," I urged. "Get up."

"Fuck you," she hissed, glaring up at me.

I let out a sharp laugh. "That's it. Get angry. Be pissed off. You'll be much better off for it. If anyone can attest to how well rage fuels determination, it's me."