Chapter 4 (Part 2)

The students instantly caught sight of the professor marching towards their direction. As they did so, they sealed their mouths shut, lips pressed together tightly. With a sense of reverence, the students stood frozen like a block of ice and shifted their bodies towards the incoming professor.

     Alluring and charming, the professor reached her students in the centre of the green field. Standing before the students, she raised her chin and placed her hands on her hips, her brows rising towards her hairline. With her eyes closed halfway through, her gaze swept from left to right, scanning the gathered boys and girls before her.

"Good afternoon, everyone," the professor greeted the students, her smirk radiating confidence. "My name is Alice Sauber. I will be your professor in Magic and Spells," the professor calmly introduced herself. "Before we start, I would love to welcome each of you to this class. As your professor in this subject, I am excited to be with you throughout the entire school year. Yes, you heard that right... the entire school year. This class is required for all second-year and third-year students like yourselves and will cover the fundamentals of wizardry in the first and second semesters. It will also further enhance your understanding of magic, spells, enchantments, and incantations," she explained.

     As Professor Sauber lectured, Jean's gaze wandered around. While his eyes roamed, he fixed his body towards the professor, facing her slim form. Glancing to the left, Jean spotted two familiar figures, and they had his lips curling into a smile. The two familiar figures are none other than Jean's two older brothers, Bertie and George.

     Bertie and George stood side by side, their arms leaning against each other. With a mischievous smirk, Bertie placed his elbow on George's shoulder and whispered into his ear. As Bertie pulled back from George's ear, George's eyes widened in amusement, and he couldn't help but giggle.

     George's soft giggles slowly transformed into a chuckle, and he couldn't stop himself from lightly punching Bertie's arm in joy. In response, Bertie wrapped an arm around George's back and gave him a gentle, playful pat. Knowing their amusement was getting the better of them, Bertie and George pressed their palms against their boisterous mouths, muffling their uncontrollable laughter.

"Listen," Professor Sauber commanded, her voice slightly exasperated from Bertie and George's raucous laughter.

     Bertie and George's eyes widen in surprise. Swiftly, they screw their mouths shut, lips tightened. Understanding they must show physical boundary, Bertie and George deliberately step back from one another, their backs straightening, reminiscent of two soldiers in attention. Cheeks flushed, they cannot help but feel a surge of humiliation coursing through their veins.

"Bertie. George."

     Hearing a familiar voice, Bertie and George's eyes flit towards the source of the sound. As they glance to their right, their gaze encounters their youngest brother, Jean, peering into their dark pupils. Their blush fading, Bertie and George squeeze through the ocean of students and stand beside Jean.

"I never knew we had the same class," Bertie whispered to Jean, leaning towards his ear.

"But now you know," Jean replied.

"Well, that's a great coincidence, then. Us, three bros, in the same class? Ha, we would create such a chaotic team, I know," Bertie grinned mischievously, his smirking deepening.

Suddenly, Professor Sauber's voice cut through the air and called out. "Care to tell me the topic of your conversation, ginger boy?"

Bertie's eyes widened. "Oh! Uh!"

As the sea of students parted, allowing Professor Sauber to walk forward, Jean and George exchanged apprehensive glances, wondering what could happen between Bertie and the professor.

"Tell me. What's your name?" Professor Sauber ordered, her piercing gaze slicing through Bertie's eyes.

"Uhm. Albert," Bertie answered, his gaze dropping in embarrassment.

"Albert? Who?" Professor Sauber probed further.

"Albert Hidesine-Podeshire." Bertie's neck shrank into his body. Unexpectedly, he burst out with a grin. "But call me Bertie!"

"Ah! A Hidesine-Podeshire, I see. Surely, with such background you have, I expect you know some basic spells." Professor Sauber crossed her arms, inclining her head towards Bertie's face.

Knowing he didn't know much, Bertie's eyelids shot up in alarm. "Uh!" he stammered.

"Tell me. What's the spell mages use as an alternative if there are no healing potions?" Professor Sauber questioned, her back straightening and her lips tightening.