chapter 20

Akk never thought he would be this happy, genuinely and incredibly happy. Yet here he was, so happy that he could burst. Love for him was something he had thought was unattainable, he thought he was undeserving of it. However Ayan came and changed all of that.

Akk used to think love was like that in stories, with a princess stuck in a tower feeling lonely. At least that's how he felt like during his teenage years, and if he was being honest with himself that's how he felt like for most of his life.

He was at some point so desperate that he gave powers to strangers, putting himself in danger. Maybe if he had done things differently when he was younger, maybe if he didn't so much pressure on himself and actually lived his life things could have been different and maybe...

Well it doesn't matter now because Ayan came and changed all of that.

There was a point in time where he believed that he would perhaps have to die for someone to love him. It made sense since peace can only come from war. He thought that he had to break down in order to be put back together again, that it could only work if it hurts.

And it hurt, for years it hurt and he thought it wouldn't stop hurting. It hurt so much he became numb to the pain.

But then Ayan happened, at first he didn't want to accept him. Because why would he? Ayan was so pure and righteous while he was tainted, while he was busy plotting and trying to keep up with the 'curse' that at one point it didn't matter who he hurt. He wanted to be so perfect and maybe that's where he had gone wrong so he pushed him away. Far away where he would taint him and ruin him.

Yet Ayan came back and he saved him from the hell he put himself through. Akk had been numb and cold for years that he thought that perhaps to get any type of warmth back was to set himself on fire, but Ayan gave him the type of slow burn that kept him warm. 

When he looks at where he is in life right now, and how peaceful everything is it becomes kind of difficult to believe. Maybe if he could speak to God, or any deity out there to explain why isn't there any crisis that he needs to solve, to get reassurance that this is truly his happy ever after.

His happy ever after with the love of his life!

"Penny for your thoughts?" Ayan said as he sat next to him.

"Let's get married." Akk said.

"Are you proposing again? We are getting married silly. We are engaged." Ayan said showing Akk the rose gold band on his finger.

"I know that. I mean let's get married now, forget about the whole big ceremony and let's go to the court house and make things official." Akk said seriously.

"Are you serious?" Ayan asked, his face in a cute little frown. Akk wanted to to kiss the frown off his face so he did.

"Yes Aye, think about it. The sooner we do this we can apply to take in Dao as our Foster child and we can work on finalising the adoption. Don't you want that? I know you have grown to love Dao as much as I do, plus she gets to come home and play with Vaanjoy. We can be a family Aye." Akk said while trying to reign in his excitement.

Dao was a cute three year old who Ayan met while he was working on a humariatian case involving child abuse or endangerment, Akk is not really sure about the details of the case. What he was sure was that Ayan had taken a liking to the little girl and would talk about her endlessly. It was as endearing as it was adorable. Akk had the privilege to meet Dao once or twice, and he immediately fell in love with the little angel.

"You really want this?" Ayan asked seriously.

"More than anything." Akk replied and Ayan tackled him into a bone crushing hug kissing him all over his face chanting "thank you" and "yes".