chapter 6.

T/W: Self-harm ⚠️

After watching the sunset, Ayan drove them back to his house. Akk was sleeping the entire ride, Ayan kept glancing at him. He felt so relieved to have Akk back in his life, he knew he shouldn't have left him.

His time overseas was fulfilling, he helped out a lot of people when he practiced as a human rights lawyer. However despite all the good he supposedly did he never felt fulfilled, he never felt content. His heart was always hollow, a void and kept longing for something, or specifically someone.

Akk. He longed for Akk every living minute he was away from him.

At first he wanted to hate Akk, he wanted to detest him for breaking his heart. He had given himself to Akk only for Akk to push him away. He tried, he tried really hard but he failed.

Akk always thought that Ayan saved him but in actuality, Akk was the one who saved him.

He was so lost in the deepest shades of darkness, revenge orientated and hate ran through his veins when he first came to Suppalo. All he could think about was to avenge his uncle's death, the only father figure he has ever had.

His uncle was such a pure soul, understanding and kind. He understood himself more under his uncle's guidance. Even when he went through the turmoil of understanding his sexuality, his uncle gently guided him through it.

Then one day his uncle was gone, gone forever without return. He knew his uncle had not been himself, but his uncle wouldn't just end his life leaving them behind.

He knew someone pushed him to it, manipulated him. So that's how he ended up enrolling in Suppalo high school for boys 2 weeks after the semester had begun.

He had one mission, to avenge the death of his beloved uncle. He didn't expect to fall in love with a tall, boba brown eyed cat-like boy. Maybe because he liked the challenge, maybe because he could see that Akk was as broken as he was or maybe because he had a savior complex but he found himself mesmerized by the boy.

He looked at Akk who was peacefully sleeping on the passenger seat. The boy still had his heart, even after so many years had passed.

"Why do you have such a hold on me Bigfoot?" Ayan said softly tucking Akk's hair behind his ear.

"Why do I feel so strongly about you?" He added looking fondly at Akk.

He could never forget about Akk, he had so many suitors and went on several dates in hopes to move on from Akk but he couldn't. It was like their souls were intertwined, and when they were away from each other they were incomplete.

"Why are you staring at me in my sleep." Akk asked sitting up properly.

"Oh you are awake shortstop." Ayan said with a teasing smile.

"Shortstop my ass! You are." Akk said defensively.

"Krub Bigfoot. How was your sleep?" Ayan said with a smile.

"It was okay." Akk replied stretching his arms.

"So did you dream about me bigfoot krub?" Ayan asked with his teasing smile.

"Why would I dream about you?" Akk replied.

Ayan laughed shaking his head. He pinched Akk's cheeks and looked at the boy in the eyes and said "it's a good thing  I am the first person you see when you wake up."

Akk feeling flustered looked at Ayan and asked "why?"

"Because if someone else saw you they surely will be shocked. I can't believe you still drool in your sleep." Ayan replied laughing.