Chapter 6

Luhan slept peacefully until he felt fur brush on his side. He opened his eyes to see his father standing by the bed. "Stay asleep, my little wolf," his father whispered. But Luhan couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. "But dad," Luhan said softly, "can't I come along this time?" Telekinex sighed and looked down at him with a troubled expression. "Not this time, Luhan. It's too dangerous. I need to go alone." Just then, a distant howl echoed through the forest, making Telekinex's eyes widen with anxiety. Without another word, he turned and disappeared into the darkness. Luhan couldn't let his father go off alone. He quickly got up and ran after him, following his footsteps into the depths of the forest. Eventually, he found himself in an empty field with the legendary Tree of Life embedded in the middle. Before Luhan could take in the sight, a pack of red wolves appeared. The alpha stepped forward, his eyes gleaming with malice. "Thunder, long time no see," he sneered. "I thought you wouldn't let the red moon rise until the next generation was ready to take over the Earth." Thunder looked bewildered. "Hah! Did you really think I would play by your rules?" he scoffed. "And who is this?" The alpha threw a small, helpless puppy onto the field. "Darkfeather's son," Sunrise exclaimed, recognizing the pup. "Kris, I told you to stay out of this!" Kris looked up at Thunder and lowered his head in shame. But then, he spread his wings and attempted to fly. To everyone's surprise, he managed to stay in the air for a few seconds before landing awkwardly. Thunder's eyes widened with a mix of pride and concern. "Can you fly?" Thunder asked Kris. The young wolf looked up at him with determination and tried to flap his wings again. "Urgh... Darkfeather is the worst father I've ever seen," Thunder growled, tiny sparks of electricity flickering off his fur. Before they could discuss further, a sudden arrow whizzed through the air towards Thunder. "Watch out!" Temptation shouted, and everyone ducked just in time. One of the red alpha's cronies sneered, holding another arrow in his shoulder. "Temptation, why would you do that?" Thunder yelled, his anger rising. "I-I'm alri--" Temptation stammered, then blacked out from the poison in the arrow. "Quick, rip the arrow out before he's out for too long!" Thunder exclaimed. Telekinex, always quick to help, jumped in and swiftly yanked the arrow free. "That was close," Hourglass said, his voice filled with relief. The red alpha growled and circled Telekinex, who was growing increasingly agitated. Luhan's heart raced, fearing for his father's safety. "You crazies, what is your problem? And why do you want the Tree of Life so bad?" Telekinex asked, desperation creeping into his voice. "Well, kid, it's a secret we can't tell you," the alpha replied, pacing around Telekinex menacingly. Luhan's fear turned to anger as he witnessed his father being toyed with. Sparks began to dance around him, a manifestation of his growing power. Suddenly, Luhan noticed a glint of movement. Before he could react, his uncle, Current, lunged forward and bit down hard on the alpha's wrist. The alpha let out a yelp of pain, but his grip on Telekinex remained firm. "You will not get my cousin or my child!" Current growled, his voice laced with determination. He held onto the alpha's wrist with all his might, unwilling to let go. The fight for the Tree of Life had reached its peak. As the battle raged on, Luhan's heart pounded in his chest. The stakes were high, and the danger seemed insurmountable. But with Thunder's unwavering protection, the strength of his friends and family, and Luhan's own untapped potential, perhaps they stood a chance against the forces that sought to possess the Tree of Life. Together, they would fight for what was right and protect the harmony of their world. With their lives intertwined, their fates intertwined, they would face whatever challenges lay ahead, and hopefully, emerge victorious.