Chapter 11

Zircon's words hung in the air, echoing through Thunder's mind as he gently laid Luhan on the ground. Concern etched his face as he turned to Zircon, desperately seeking an explanation. "Luhan, Zircon, what happened?" Thunder's voice trembled with worry. Zircon struggled to catch his breath, his chest heaving from the exertion. "It's Darkfeather," he managed to say between gasps. "He offered Luhan as a sacrifice, a means to hurt Kris." "What?!" Thunder's voice thundered through the cave, his anger palpable. Without a moment's hesitation, he bolted outside, his eyes scanning the surroundings for any signs of danger. And there, before him, stood Darkfeather, his presence radiating malice. Thunder's heart pounded in his chest as he confronted the wolf who posed a threat to his family. "Hello, brother," Darkfeather growled, his voice dripping with venom. Thunder's eyes blazed with fury. "Why would you want your own son to die? What's wrong with you?!" Darkfeather chuckled darkly, as if reveling in his own twisted logic. "Hahaha, I don't care about Kris. He's just a little brat who prefers the company of electric wolves over his own kind." Thunder's rage boiled over. "That's not a reason to abandon your own child, your own flesh and blood!" he shouted, his voice filling the air with thunderous intensity. "What kind of monster are you?" "To me, it is a reason," Darkfeather sneered, landing gracefully in front of Thunder. "If it were a decision to adopt, I might have considered it. But you're lucky that Mother forbids such actions." Enraged and fueled by protective instinct, Thunder's tail thrashed behind him like a whip, striking Darkfeather across the face. "That hurt," Darkfeather cried out, his voice a mixture of pain and mock innocence. "Shut it, cry baby," Thunder barked, his voice a low growl. Without sparing Darkfeather another glance, he turned and strode back into his cave, Zircon and Luhan following closely behind. As Thunder moved through the darkness of his dwelling, thoughts whirled in his mind. He couldn't fathom how someone could harbor such hatred for their own kin. The bond between a parent and child was meant to be sacred, a beacon of love and protection. Gently, Thunder nuzzled Luhan, ensuring his cousin was unharmed. Zircon stood beside him, offering silent support and understanding. In that moment, Thunder made a silent vow to shield his family from harm and provide them with the love and acceptance they deserved. The storm may rage outside, but within the walls of Thunder's cave, a different kind of thunder roared – the thunder of unwavering love and fierce protection. And as long as Thunder stood guard, no darkness would ever penetrate the light that shone within his family.