Chapter 14

Zircon took mother's shoulder and said, "Mother, look!" Zircon pointed to a wolf on top of the desert mountain. Mother looked at him quizzically, asking, "Earthquake? Where'd you come from?" "I'm sorry, Mom," Earthquake said with sorrow in his voice. "I'm still contemplating what happened years ago on Earth. I hope my son can do a better job than I did." "Earthquake, my son, don't be like this," Mother consoled. "You did a good job." "I know, Mother, but... I failed because of Darkfeather. Sometimes, I wish he'd never existed," Earthquake admitted as he descended from the mountain. Mother sighed and placed a comforting hand on Earthquake's shoulder. "Don't worry, I know about this. It was a difficult time, and you did your best." "I feel bad for you, Uncle," Luhan said softly. Luhan looked at Zircon in confusion. "Since when?" "Since years ago, ever since Father Nature was banished from ever coming out of the walls behind the Tree of Life. He'll cause more destruction than good," Earthquake explained.
Luhan nodded, trying to comprehend the gravity of the situation. "This is for your own good, Luhan," Earthquake continued, taking Luhan's shoulders in his massive claws. Luhan blinked, his gaze meeting Earthquake's intense eyes. "I understand, I'm sorry, Earthquake." "It's alright, child," Earthquake said, a smile finally gracing his rugged features. It was a rare sight to behold, a moment of solace amidst the chaos that surrounded them. As the trio stood there, united by their shared experiences and determination to protect their world, they realized that the challenges they faced were necessary for growth. Each of them had overcome personal demons and embraced their true potential. From that day forward, Luhan understood the weight that Earthquake carried. And Earthquake, in turn, realized the importance of love and forgiveness. They would face the challenges ahead together, side by side, knowing that their unity would overcome any darkness that crossed their path.