Chapter 10

Eventually, Luhan saw Zircon walking off, panting heavily. It had been a long day, and they had both been on a mission together. Luhan watched as Zircon's pale blue spotted fur, on a fuchsia-colored base, slowly faded into the darkness of the forest. He sighed, thinking about his own responsibilities. "I hope my job is successful," Zircon whispered to himself, "and in a few months, I'll have my son." Suddenly, a voice interrupted his thoughts. Luhan turned to see Darkfeather, a powerful and intimidating figure, standing before him. Darkfeather had always been somewhat of an enigma, and Luhan had never trusted him entirely. "You must be lost," Darkfeather said, his voice full of arrogance. Luhan tilted his head, unsure of what to say. He knew Darkfeather was up to something, but he couldn't put his paw on it. "I see Luhan," Darkfeather said, a sinister grin spreading across his face. "Now that Telekinex isn't here, I wanted to have a word with you." Luhan's heart skipped a beat. He knew that Telekinex, his father and Darkfeather's brother, had been fighting for days. There were rumors of foul play, but no one knew for sure. "What do you want from me?" Luhan growled softly, his hackles raised. "All I want from you, Luhan, is for you to do something for me," Darkfeather said, his voice dripping with malice. He reached under his feathered wings and pulled out a broken arrow, holding it out for Luhan to see. "What's that all about?" Luhan asked, confusion evident in his voice. "Do it, and I'll let you roam free," Darkfeather said, a twisted smile on his face. Luhan's mind raced. What could Darkfeather possibly want him to do? And why did it involve a broken arrow? "No, I will not do it," Luhan said, determination filling his voice. Without hesitation, he got up and turned to run. Darkfeather followed, swooping down from the sky and blocking Luhan's path. "Huh?" Zircon, who had been nearby, looked up, confused by the commotion. "What do you want?" Zircon shouted. "Zircon, stay out of this!" Darkfeather yelled, his anger palpable. "No, not until you leave innocent puppies alone," Zircon retorted, his voice filled with fiery passion. "It's not my fault you're protected!" Darkfeather scoffed. "If it wasn't for your blood clotting disorder, you would've been dead ages ago, Zircon."