dinner & sunsets // matt // fluff // request

summary; Can you do one where it's Dad!Matt has been off on tour for a month and y/n decides to fly out to surprise him with your 3 month old daughter?" 

warnings; nothing just a bunch of cuteness with dad!matt with his baby girl

not proofread

--

Matt has been on his second tour with his brothers all around the U.S. for a month now. When he first left it was tough because you guys are usually always together. 

Tears were falling from your face while dropping him off at the tour bus. In all seriousness, you couldn't be more proud of him and all the accomplishments to get where he is now in his career.

Leaving was hard for Matt because he was leaving you and your three-month-old daughter, Tatum, home while he was hundreds of miles away. 

You knew you would come to visit him and see what being on tour is like. So, that's what you did. The plane ride was long but it was worth it the moment you made it. 

For the most part, Tatum did a good job before and during the flight. There were moments when she would fuss and cry but settled down once you calmed her down. In other words, flying with a baby isn't easy. 

Laura (their manager) and you have been texting back and forth about the whole thing. When you got to the tour bus he's been living in, you were in complete awe when you walked to his bunk where a picture of Tatum and you was placed on his night stand. Laura said that he would be coming back in an hour once they were done for the day.

Tatum laid on her back kicking her feet all over the place and making a bunch of noise while you unpacked your clothes. Tatum is a spitting image of Matt especially in the eyes and especially the facial expressions she makes. She continues to grow by the day, you wish time didn't fly by so fast.

"Are you excited to see Daddy?" grabbing both her tiny feet, moving them up and down, making her giggle at your gesture.

An hour passes, Tatum's sleeping and you are on your computer looking up stuff. You look up from your computer to your phone, Matt should be here any minute, you thought. Taking your phone, placing it towards the door to get Matt's reaction, and hitting record when you hear the bus door open. Surprisingly Tatum didn't wake up from his walking inside. 

Footsteps slowly made their way towards the beds. Your heart is beating at a rapid pace as he gets closer to his bunk. Taking a seat by the edge of the bed, placing both hands on your lap. Matt is on his phone typing when he enters, you playfully roll your eyes, clearing your throat to grab his attention.

He looks up from his phone quickly.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," his face lit up once he saw his two beautiful girls on his bed waiting for him. He puts his phone in his pocket and opens his arms. 

"Hi baby!" you run into his arms, "I missed you so fucking much" you whispered.

"I miss you guys so much, you have no idea," he explains, placing both hands on your cheeks, and kissing you on the lips. Fireworks explode in your stomach as your lips touch.

You let Matt pull away first. You guys just stare at each other, not saying a word. He wipes the tears from your cheeks with his thumb. You don't know what you would do without him in your life. 

Matt goes to open his mouth but is interrupted by Tatum yawning; you let out a chuckle when he shuts his mouth and then grins, looking at Tatum who's opening her eyes.

"My little angel is up from her nap, huh?" he cooed with the biggest smile. You see a smile creep up Tatum's mouth from her dad's words. She gets a little too excited and starts moving her body – she usually gets like this with Matt.