public eye // chris // fluff idk // non-request

summary; all the times the public thought the two of you were dating, and the one time they knew. 

warnings; shotgunning, smoke, makeout -- mostly all cute shit :)

ik the triplets don't smoke and aren't 21 and wouldn't be drinking or smoking regardless but we're just gonna pretend for the sake of the idea i had on this story ! 

not proofread!

--

You and Chris have always been close. The friend group was aware, and the fans were aware. Ever since the first vlog you were in on the Triplets' channel, and both of your statuses grew, people began to dig. Your relationship friendship dates back to your early teenage years, doing multiple high school theatre shows together, planning to go to the same college, etc. 

This also meant that there were a lot of photos and videos of the two of you being stupid kids, and while you had never explicitly said you were dating, even denying it to this day, there were early-on suspicions.

The main one was the hundreds of photos together at family events, arms wrapped around each other, in some his jacket thrown over your shoulders as events went on into the night.

Though all the more incriminating stuff came much more recently, as now people knew who you were and so what was and wasn't posted was no longer in your control.

Sleeping Angels

The first video to cause rumors was posted on Nick's story. It was short, only fifteen seconds or so, meaning no one was really concerned about what it might cause.

It was clearly from the backstage of the Boston show, as there was literally a sign in above you two reading 'Boston MA' and the room surrounding you was covered in all the metals from previously won shows, lights, cameras, and everyone preparing the mics and games all shuffling around all the way from backstage to the stage itself while you and Chris were the complete contrast.

The pair of you were lying (quite comfortably) on a leather l-shaped sofa in the corner of the room. You could hear what you assumed to be Nick and Madi giggling as they approached, laughing at how tightly Chris held you to him.

You were wrapped closely into his chest, arms lying softly on his waist while one of his held the back of your head, the other tucked under your t-shirt sitting on your back.

They couldn't see your face, but judging by Chris's closed eyes they could assume you were asleep.

Ever so gently they began to take gummy worms from their pockets. Each placing one in both of Chris's ears, and finally one was wedged into his mouth which woke him up.

At first, he was confused, looking down at you but upon seeing you still asleep his eyes looked up, squinting to avoid the lights. Unable to hide their humor at the situation anymore, Nick and Madi burst into laughter, Chris joining but much quieter due to his sleepy state as he threw the gummy worms back at the pair.

The removal of his hand on your back is what brought you back to the non-sleeping world. Hearing a mumbled 'fuck off' from Chris as he smiled at the pair.

"What's happening?" You mumbled, utterly confused, hair sticking up in every direction and Chris quickly attempted to smooth it down maintaining your dignity as you were filmed.

"Nothing. Ignore these idiots ba-." The camera quickly shut off, leaving the viewers intrigued. What had Chris been about to say? Was it an accident? It was all unclear.

Of course with obsessed fans it didn't take long for rumors to fly, the main one being that the words coming out of his mouth were to be 'baby'. They were right. Thought you wouldn't tell them that, not yet at least.