mastermind // matt // fluff // request

summary; "could I request a Matt blurb based on the Taylor song mastermind?

warnings; none

not proofread

--

"Alright, I'm here," you spoke into your phone quietly, shifting through the crowd of guests to get to the restroom. 

"You're sure he'll be there?" Madi asked you, no doubt biting her nails in anticipation to see how your plan played out. 

"Absolutely," you said with a small smirk. You let the bathroom door close before bending down to check for any other people in the restroom. You let yourself breathe when you find no occupants of the stalls.

"Where are you right now?" Madi asked. 

"In the bathroom," you said, walking over to the mirror, and giving yourself an in-depth look. You put the phone on speaker, setting it on the countertop by the sink. 

"You can't hide in the bathroom the whole time," Madi said. 

You rolled your eyes, "I'm just making sure I look good. I can't run into him as soon as he gets here anyways. Trust me, I know what I'm doing," you reminded her with a small proud smile. 

Madi chuckled, "You're right, sorry, I always forget that you're practically a criminal mastermind. I mean seriously, how do you come up with this stuff?" 

The bathroom door swung open, and two ladies walked in. You gave them a friendly smile, and picked up your phone, "Gotta go Mads, I'll keep you updated." 

You adjusted the fabric of your dress one last time, mentally thanking yourself for picking the red one. Once satisfied with your appearance, you slipped your phone into your purse and exited the bathroom. 

Your eyes scanned the large room, almost immediately finding who you were looking for. Matt was dressed in a dark blue suit, that you were almost positive he'd taken from his older brother Justin's wardrobe. His skin was tan, much like yours, as you were just in Hawaii in the scorching sun not three days ago. You kept your eyes on him as he spoke to the guy next to him, moving cautiously closer to him while he was distracted.

You placed yourself between two people at the bar, about 4 people away from where Matt was standing. 

"Vodka lemonade please," you asked the bartender with a smile. 

As soon as Matt looked to his right, he undoubtedly would see you as you innocently sipped your drink. All you had to do was wait and make meaningless small talk with the stranger beside you. 

No more than five minutes later, you felt a hand on the fabric-covered part of your shoulder. "Y/n?" you heard a familiar voice behind you. Your lips twitched into a smirk and strategically changed into a shocked smile when you turned to face him. "What are you doing here?" Matt asked you, eyes trailing down your body unwillingly. He'd never seen you in a dress, so he couldn't help himself. Exactly as you intended. 

"Oh, I know Madison Beer and she invited me last minute," you waved off. You didn't know Madison. "What about you?" 

"Well, Madison actually invited me as well and I didn't have much else to do," he said with a shrug. "I can't believe you're here," he added with a wide smile, one that you hadn't seen when he was speaking to his friend Madison. 

You smiled back at him, "I know, such a small world. We haven't really seen each other much after vacation, have we?" you said as if it was the first time you'd had the thought.