Chapter 1: The Fab Five

A few months before our high school graduation, my friends and I are frequently spotted gathering after classes, cherishing every moment together as they prepare to part ways.

On a beautiful day after class, my girlfriend Mon and I finally decided to openly share our relationship with our friends as girlfriends.

It was a challenging decision for us, as we weren't sure if our friends would accept our relationship.

"Sam, Love. Are you certain about this?" Mon asked me hesitantly.

"I honestly don't know, Love. But our friends have the right to know about us. Besides, we'll be parting ways in a few months' time," I replied.

While they were walking, Nuea noticed the two of them whispering to each other.

"What are you two whispering about?" he asked both me and Mon.

"Uhm.. guys, Mon and I have something we'd like to tell you.. Before we all go our separate ways after graduation," I began, preparing to share the truth about Mon and me with them.

I felt even more nervous when the three of them turned to look at me. I glanced from Tor, to Sky, and then to Nuea. They all looked serious, waiting for what I had to say.

"I don't know how you'll react, but we want you to know that Mon and I are dating... We've been together for 3 months now," I confessed.

"Aaaaaaaahhhhh...." This was all Tor and Kirk uttered after my confession, as they slowly took their gaze away from me while nodding.

"So, you guys had plans to confess? We thought otherwise. We were not surprise." Tor teased us.

"We've known for a while. It's pretty obvious. You didn't need to confess," Kirk added, with a hint of disappointment.

But I noticed Nuea subtly avoiding eye contact.

"But you guys don't have any problem with it, right?" I asked, while affectionately holding onto her arm.

"Isn't that right, Nuea? You're okay with it, right?"

"Oh? Uh.. Yeah, of course.. As long as you're happy, Sam. I'm happy too," Nuea replied.

I hugged Nuea tightly for her approval of my relationship with Mon. Nuea was like an older brother to me, so his blessing on me and Mon meant a lot.

"I confessed to you because I don't want you teasing me about Kirk anymore. You know how jealous Mon can get. We often argue about it," I explained to them.

"You know, Sam, I wouldn't get jealous if there's nothing for me to be jealous about. Even if Kirk is my friend. It doesn't mean he couldn't develop feelings for you," Mon remarked.

"Not just with Kirk, look at who you're embracing right now. And does it have to be in front of me?"

To avoid any potential serious jealousy from my girlfriend, I quickly ran towards her to console her.

"Mon, of course, it's only you. Nuea is like a brother to me. You're the only one I love," I reassured Mon.

And because Tor is naturally mischievous, he didn't miss the chance to tease me further when Mon was upset with me.

"Oh really, no need to be jealous? Then what's this news I heard about you and Kirk being together at the cafe near the university the other day?" Tor teased.

"And don't even think of denying it. Because many people saw and someone sent me a video of your serious conversation. Even Nuea saw you," he added while showing us the video he was referring to.