~A Wedding To Remember~

May 15th 1521
Paraquat Palace
Greece

Émilie's Perspective

👑

Beaming with glee, I stood as still as a statue as Celesta finished brushing my hair and tying some of it into a high bun as Mary finished dusting my eyelids with lilac-purple powder. Today was the day. The daylight of my wedding day, where I was finally marrying Angella. After all of the challenging work I'd put in to assist her with the ceremony, it brought the realization of how much our love was blossoming.

"Millie, I imagine this might be a nerve-wracking moment for you. You're about to marry the Queen of Greece," Valerie said, her tone gentle. I glanced at her, feeling her tenderness, and couldn't help but present her with my most sincere smile.

"I'll confess, Val. It's especially nerve-wracking when it comes to weddings such as this. But I adore Angella as she adores me. So, I am MORE than willing to carry on the challenges we shall encounter together in life and court. I'm more than qualified to handle when being accepted into royalty." I told her as Alice strolled over with my wedding tiara.

I raised my hand to stop her as she was about to place the tiara on my head. "No diamonds or pearls, please."

Alice stepped back, bowing and leaving a moment before returning with a silver emerald-embellished tiara and gently placing it onto my head. "There we are, Your Majesty." She bowed as Amber (17) chuckled softly, standing behind me in front of the mirror.

"Only these next three months until you officially become Queen, sister,"

I snickered softly, grazing the top of her hand. "I desire to get ready now, Amber. May you please fetch me my gown?" I said as Alice and Katrina both proceeded to grab my gown. My sister held my hair up as I stepped into my gown, and Alice started tightening the gown. I smiled, altering my earrings and necklace.

On my wedding day, Samara was currently seven months pregnant. King Norman declared her pregnancy to the most important to them, such as their relatives and some close companions, that Samara was expecting her fourteenth child. I know they are praying for a healthy heir, and I pray Samara can maintain this child inside her long enough.

"Are you ready, sister? James should be waiting for you in the carriage, taking you to the church."

I glanced into the mirror for a moment before nodding. "Yes, I'm fairly ready, sister. I'm ready to start the next chapter of my life..." Lifting my skirts, I started to walk towards the door, my ladies following close behind as we walked out the doors towards the carriage awaiting outside. James (15) smiled and brushed my hair behind my ears.

"You look gorgeous, sister. Are you ready to go?" I nodded, closing the door as we started our journey towards Paraquat Abbey.

"I'm ready, James. I've been ready ever since I saw my gown inside my chamber, and I've waited for this moment my entire life!" I remarked as my brother chuckled while smoothing out the skirts of my gown.