~Not The Same~

Previously, on The Belle Of Birmingham...
"Only five months until me, Mama and your sisters meet you, sweet baby," Angella began slowly dozing off, that was until a loud slam awoke her, bolting her from her position, but in a swift manner as to not dare wake the slumbering beauty beside her.

That's when she heard his voice clamouring the walls.

"SEARCH EVERYWHERE MEN!!! I WANT NO STONE LEFT UNTURNED AND THIS CASTLE TORN APART UNTIL YOU FIND HER AND MY DAUGHTERS!!!"

Angella's eyes dilated in fear, passing a glance at her slumbering Pregnant Wife curled up against the sheets.

"No...I won't let him take her. Lord Zeus, if he wants her, he'll have to pry her from my cold, dead body. Even if Greece has to rage its mighty thunder on England..."

👑

May 22nd 1523
Wolverhampton Castle
Birmingham

Eleanor's Perspective
"King Henry, what gives you the right to barge into my family home uninvited?" I demanded, my annoyance clear as the king and his entourage entered the castle without warning. Kiara and Jasmine cowered behind me, overwhelmed by the sight of so many armoured men.

"Calm yourself, Lady Eleanor." Brandon, The King's closest friend spoke up. "Your stepmother, Duchess Melistra, allowed us to come by her consent."

I gritted my teeth until they hurt, Melistra constantly tended to get under my skin. It's easy to overlook she'd been a Lady in King Henry's court since she married Father. What could I expect from that woman anyway? *Sigh*

"It's Lady Melistra, Sir Brandon," I corrected, feeling a whiff of agitation that Melistra hadn't bothered informing me about guests. "After Father died, she emigrated back to Court, asserting the gowns and treasures she amassed from their marriage. Meanwhile, I became the new Duchess of Wolverhampton."

"I see. Lady...Duchess Eleanor." King Henry said, bowing his head. "Forgive us, your Grace. We weren't aware Lady Melistra returned to court or your ascension to your new rank."

"Hmm, anyways, what does thy King wish from me that he cannot get from her Majesty, The Queen, or his Mistress, Lady Boleyn?"

"Mmm, your sister is why I'm here, your Grace," Henry answered, playing along with Eleanor's teasing. Though he was offended she dragged Catherine and Anne into this game, he was more focused on the main reason he arrived in the first place.

"My sister?" Eleanor hummed with amusement. "The question is, which sister do you seek, Your Majesty? As the youngest of Duke Spinner of Birmingham and his first wife, I have two older sisters. But which do you wish to..."

"The eldest. Lady Émilie, your Grace."

❍◉❍

Narrator's perspective
Angella stood frozen in shock and horror as she observed the enduring drama unfurling before her. It was true! Henry was seeking Émilie! Angella understood she couldn't allow him near her, especially now that Émilie's with child.

"SEARCH EVERYWHERE MEN!!! I WANT NO STONE LEFT UNTURNED AND THIS CASTLE TORN APART UNTIL YOU FIND HER AND MY DAUGHTERS!!!"

'No! I can't let him find Émilie! I can't let him harm her again!' Angella thought, sighing. 'Thank Zeus Serenity and Scarlet aren't here, I don't want them getting roped into this!'